We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
TripAdvisor’s Research team seeks an experienced researcher to work directly on projects that impact the company’s key B2B marketing and product initiatives. Research projects range from exploratory to evaluative, from surveys to usability testing.
The responsibilities for this position are primarily split across: 1) Supporting UX Research initiatives across Tripadvisor B2B products; 2) Leading independent research for Tripadvisor B2B; 3) Manage B2B Product Benchmarking studies; 4) Administrative support (e.g. managing relationships with outside vendors, programming surveys, and owning research databases and archives).
The right candidate will be experienced in qualitative methods such as in-depth interviewing and usability testing, experienced with designing surveys and basic survey analysis, passionate about research and travel, comfortable in a fast moving organization, and excited to collaborate.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards TripAdvisor’s goals
- Define research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Design from scratch and conduct qualitative studies (usability studies, click-tests etc.), analyze data, and share findings
- Create and field surveys, analyze responses, and report findings
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, marketing, and product management leadership
- Minimum BA/BS degree in psychology, communication, statistics or other related field
- Advanced degree in HCI or other behavioral or social sciences a plus
- 5+ years of professional applied research experience
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods
- Understanding of quantitative research methods (e.g. surveying) and basic statistics
- Experience working with social media and/or social network sites a plus
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to present clear results
- Ability to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Clear communication
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at [email protected]
The salary range for this role is $125,000 to $210,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.