6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 6%
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, Engineering Technology or a related technical area
- 2 years of civil or structural detailing experience
- Experience with MoDOT or KDOT plan development
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in appropriate software: CAD platforms, MicroStation Connect, Windows/Networks, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Draft and create construction documents primarily utilizing MicroStation
- Develop preliminary/conceptual plans of proposed work in the form of sketches, MicroStation/CAD drawings, or BIM models
- Gather quantities and assist with estimations of project construction costs
- Develop and draw design details, plans, sections, and notes independently and from the verbal or written direction
- Record and organization of progress files, email correspondence, design alterations, and project status
- Perform occasional fieldwork or site reconnaissance, sometimes requiring out-of-town travel
- Experience with MoDOT or KDOT plan development
Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Benesch is a growing, multi-disciplined planning, engineering, and professional services firm. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country – creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
We pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you’ll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share.
At Benesch, we are looking for candidates with varied backgrounds and worldviews. Diverse ideas come from diverse people, and we are committed to offering an inclusive work environment where everyone feels valued and respected. Statistics show that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply for a position if they don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. If this statement resonates with you – don’t be so hard on yourself. Apply for the job!
Civil/Structural Technologist – Kansas/Missouri Locations (KCK, KCMO, Topeka, Wichita, Manhattan, Lenexa)
We have a career opportunity for a Civil/Structural Technologist with a proven track record of successfully supporting Transportation and/or Structural-Bridge projects. As a Civil/Structural Technologist you will coordinate drafting and designs with Project Engineers and Project Managers utilizing MicroStation and OpenRoads/OpenBridge Designer. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
The Impact You Will Have:
- You will draft and create construction documents primarily utilizing MicroStation
- You will develop preliminary/conceptual plans of proposed work in the form of sketches, MicroStation/CAD drawings, or BIM models
- You will gather quantities and assist with estimations of project construction costs
- You will develop and draw design details, plans, sections, and notes independently and from the verbal or written direction
- You will record and organization of progress files, email correspondence, design alterations, and project status
- You will print, plot, and scan various project plans and drawing data
- You will perform occasional fieldwork or site reconnaissance, sometimes requiring out-of-town travel
What We Are Looking For:
- You have an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting, Engineering Technology or a related technical area required
- 2 years of civil or structural detailing experience desired
- Experience with MoDOT or KDOT plan development strongly desired
- You will use your advanced knowledge and proficiency in appropriate software: CAD platforms, MicroStation Connect, Windows/Networks, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and deliver in a fast-paced team environment.
- You have strong attention to detail, and organization and collaboration skills are key.
Explore the Benefits of working at Benesch!
Benesch is a great company to work for! Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today.
Our benefits package is designed to take care of our employees. The health and wellness of our employees is essential to their success both personally and professionally. That is why we invest in our employees’ well-being by providing a comprehensive benefits package to help them live a healthy lifestyle. Each option can be customized to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
Benesch offers a generous paid time benefits plan that increases throughout your career plus several paid holidays. Our benefits include medical, dental, and vision benefits. We also include company-paid life insurance, short term, and long-term disability plans. Benesch offers a 401K plan and profit-sharing contributions to the 401K plan with the potential of 9% total employer contribution to your retirement savings!!
From insurance and retirement plan to our wellness programs, we provide employee benefits that meet your wants and needs. Click here to learn more about some of the benefits of working at Benesch!
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Benesch is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document:
Benesch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with a physical disability or other impairment.
If you are limited in your ability or are unable to access Benesch’s Careers website due to a physical disability or other impairment, you may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing [email protected]. This option is only available to those in need of an accommodation due to a disability or other impairment. Please do not use this as an alternative method for general inquiries or status on applications as you will not receive a response. Reasonable requests will be responded to as soon as possible on a case-by-case basis.
Recruiters or staffing agencies: Benesch is not obligated to compensate any external recruiter or search firm who presents a candidate, their resume, or profile to a Benesch employee without a recent, current, and fully executed agreement on file. Please direct all communications to the HR team at [email protected]