Cloud Ops Database Administrator
Posted on 2/19/2022
- Looking to start an exciting new career as a Cloud Database Administrator
- Do you have a basic understanding of relational databases and the SQL language
- Guidewire is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Cloud Operations team as an Database Administrator
- As a DBA at Guidewire, assignments, decision making and complexity are not limited to just carrying out established work processes and operations
- You will be learning new and exciting AWS processes as we embrace our journey to the cloud
- In addition, you will learn additional database platforms which will expand your skills in both database administration, performance tuning and Cloud Computing
- Desired Skills:
- Deploying or migrating databases into AWS (ec2 or RDS) or any hands-on experience working with AWS or other public cloud providers a distinct advantage
- Highly proficient in one or more of these RDBMS technologies:
- Unix/Linux general administration skills and/or bash/python/powershell scripting a distinct advantage
- Strong analytical, communication both written and verbal and quality control skills
- Desire to learn and improve your skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products
- General desktop with Windows and Linux server experience
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related area preferred
- 5+ years' experience in database administration
- 3+ years' experience in Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL or other database scripting language
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment
- Please contact us to request accommodation
Recurring revenue software
Guidewire's mission is the be the platform insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. The company is building a data-backed insurance solution.
- Financial: Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
- Health & Wellness: Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
- Flexible Working: Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
- Downtime: Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
- Continual Development: We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
- Career Mobility: Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.
- Integrity: We build and maintain honest, candid, and caring relationships with clients, potential customers, partners, investors, and of course, each other!
- Rationality: All we do is supported by factual evidence—whether it’s building awesome products, making decisions, or communicating with each other.
- Collegiality: We’re in it together—so we’re all equal. We work in professional harmony, with respect, without arrogance, and as part of a structure where responsibility is shared and owned by all of us.