Posted on 4/15/2022
- Technical confidence. 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer developing consumer / social applications at scale. Experience with blockchain in professional or personal projects is a big plus
- Demonstrated leadership. You've been a tech lead or a manager for 3+ years. You've made sure the team executed. You've hired talented people and helped them operate at the next level
- Strategic thinking. You've written plans and made difficult decisions
- Product ownership. You're not just technical. You also understand the vision, the product, and the user experience. You don't need a product manager to tell you what to build - you can figure it out on your own
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You take charge of problems and find a way around blockers. You bias towards action not perfection. You thrive in ambiguity and even failure. Ideally, you have a background leading an entrepreneurial team or a startup
- Excellent communication skills. You are able to talk to technical and non-technical people alike. You can be the face of the project to the company's executive leadership
- Lead a high-powered team working on a moonshot project that will define the future of the company and the social Internet
- Build the team. Hire key talent and retain engineers. Help people grow to what they need to do to succeed
- Run the full development cycle. This means writing strategic plans, approving design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks, and whatever else is required
- Take ownership of the product, not just the engineering. You'll decide what to build and how to build it
- Manage up to key stakeholders, including Reddit's executive leadership
- Work cross-functionally with other teams, including other engineering teams as well as non-technical teams such as community, communications, business development, and legal
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.