Senior Optical Engineer
Posted on 2/24/2023
Cambridge, MA, USA
- You have designed and owned optical systems from R+D through production
- Project leadership of technical teams for design of optical systems
- Experience validating optical system performance and transitioning an optical system to production
- 5+ years of experience in the full product development life-cycle (concept to production)
- Shipped commercial products (high-volume is a )
- Optical simulation experience (e.g., Zemax, LightTools, CODE V)
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, ME, Optics, and Physics principles
- Software skills (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C/C++, etc.)
Advanced 3D printing systems
Formlabs is reinventing 3D printing by expanding access to digital fabrication, so anyone can make anything.
- Flexible vacation
- Premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision plans
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited 3D prints
Company Core Values
- Autonomy: We leave space for people to do their best, and take initiative to chart their own career course.
- Cutting Edge: We’re building things that haven’t been built before, so we can push the edge of what’s possible.
- Results: We dream big, but our focus on getting things done is what drives us forward.
- Curiosity: We are always asking why to push ideas and actions beyond the status quo.