Operations Engineer I/II
Wed, Sat: 7am, 6pm
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Menlo Park, CA, USA
- BS in Biology, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- Knowledge of basic scripting in a language like Python, Matlab, R, or similar
- Basic knowledge of IT infrastructure, networking, VMs
- Proven ability to quickly diagnose, debug, and resolve problems in a fast paced production environment
- Comfortable querying and reading instrument and application logs
- Comfortable with basic SQL
- Comfortable with Git and version control systems
- Sound analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to teach others and learn new techniques
- Understand lab processing workflows for GRAIL products and studies across multiple distributed systems
- Support our custom in-house created LIMS; working with software engineers and operations to ensure smooth processing of samples and studies
- Partner closely with wet lab ops to provide data and information required to troubleshoot equipment failures and enable experimentation
- Act as the first line of defense when issues arise; either debugging and fixing such or advancing the issues to the right subject matter expert
- Plan, test, and execute changes on a production system at a level of detail suited to, and within a quality structure for, a regulated clinical environment
- Experience with basic web development
- Experience in a clinical production lab
Designs cancer screening tests
GRAIL's mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. They are working to change the trajectory of cancer mortality and bring stakeholders together to adopt innovative, safe, and effective technologies that can transform cancer care.
- Outstanding People - Join a team of passionate and dedicated professionals, committed to collaboration, education, and proactive problem-solving.
- Strong Compensation - We offer competitive salaries and savings plans to provide for long-term financial planning.
- Complete Health Coverage - Take advantage of comprehensive health coverage, with medical, dental and vision, to keep you and your family healthy.
- Work-Life Balance - Make everyday life more manageable with flexible time off – we trust you to do great work and take time for yourself.
- Grit - We are determined and resilient because patients are counting on us.
- Respect - We value diversity and challenge each other respectfully.
- Accountability - We own our decisions and keep our commitments.
- Integrity - We adhere to our principles of humility, transparency, and rigor.
- Leadership - We make each other better by making leadership everyone’s responsibility