Posted on 8/13/2022
Santa Clara, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- B.S./M.S/Equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience developing production-level software
- Fluency in Java/C++
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models, and their use in developing distributed and scalable systems
- Passion for learning and solving complex and unexplored problems effectively
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Motivated to be part of a fast-moving startup with a fun and accomplished team
- Design, implementation, testing, and support of next-generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, performance, usability and security of the product
- Understand and reason about concurrency and parallelization to deliver scalability and performance in a multithreaded and distributed environment
- Work on distributed systems for data processing with efficient protocols and communication, locking and consensus, schedulers, resource management, autoscaling, and self-healing
- Use modular design patterns to deliver an architecture that's elegant, simple, extensible and maintainable
- Solve complex technical problems and customer issues
- Design and deliver architectures that run optimally on public clouds like GCP, AWS, and Azure
- Collaborate with Product Management, Customer Support, and field teams to innovate and deliver on customer requirements and ensure customers' success
- Experience building high performance software and good understanding of how modern CPU pipelined architectures work and their applications towards software development
- Experience in developing complex and scalable distributed systems and delivering, deploying, and managing microservices successfully
- Strong knowledge of database fundamentals, SQL, and schema design
- Hands on experience of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming models
- Hands on experience in distributed systems, concurrency control, networking, storage systems, and caching techniques
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.