Backend, Machine Learning Platform
Updated on 9/29/2022
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A solid understanding distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining foundational systems
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication-written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc
- Passionate about customer experience
- Track record of successful cross functional collaboration skills
- Drive for changing consumer financial services for the better
- Curiosity in ML is encouraged but prior experience is not required
- Build a unified ML platform that scales from 50 ML Engineers to hundreds of ML Engineers
- Collaborate with ML Engineers, Platform Engineers, and Product Managers to develop a long-term technical roadmap
- Hold a high technical bar with a bias towards longevity and simplicity
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers
- Build a strong engineering culture around innovation, accountability, kindness, and execution
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.