Customer Support Specialist
Posted on 4/3/2023
Chicago, IL, USA
- Strong Oral and Written Communication: Troubleshooting and directing customers through all areas of support services, including phone, chat, and case work
- Mentorship: Provide leadership and guidance to new team members
- Problem Solving: Recognizes obstacles and uses resources to identify solutions
- Time Management: Uses time productively and distinguishes between low and high priorities with limited guidance
- Collaboration: Communicates at high levels within customer organization to advise and troubleshoot with the customer regarding the configuration and use of Cision products and services. Actively partners with other Cision departments, such as Sales, to improve customer relationships and processes. Actively maintains knowledge regarding functional area and changing trends
- Adaptability: Rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
- Professionalism: Learns by mistakes and uses knowledge for self-improvement. Delivers on promises timely and meets commitments
- Key Performance Indicator: measurable outcomes tied to specific role responsibilities are tied to CSAT (Customer Satisfaction)
- Preferred Work Experience:
- Assist customers via phone, chat, and cases process to resolve customer questions and issues
- Flexibility: Handle requests and customer escalations while maintaining service length objectives
- Technical Aptitude: Set up reporting and dashboard using boolean logic and customer requirements
- Product Enablement: Enable features and services required for customer product usage
- Collaboration: Partner with Sales, Account Management, Customer Experience teams, and Prod/Ops to collaborate and resolve customer issues
- Customer Focus: Joins customer calls as technical expert to provide guidance and solutions directly to customers
- Consistency: Follows all workflow and best practice solutions to resolve customer requests
- Subject Matter Experts: Maintain up to date product knowledge and continue educational training as a subject matter expert
- Supporting Materials: Create and edit technical documentation to support customer responses
- Peer Support: Mentor peers during onboarding and post-onboarding activities to best support customers
- Motivation: Self-starter and team player with the ability to work independently and maintain customer service length objectives
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Technology Prerequisites: experience using CRMs, customer support platforms, meeting recording and scheduling applications, data analysis and presentation-building tools
- Preferred Qualifications
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Business, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Technology: Office365, Highspot, ChurnZero, Salesforce.com, Five9, Freshdesk, Experience with Boolean or other coding languages a plus
- Work Experience: SaaS, customer service, public relations/communications
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
Company Core Values
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.