Who We Are
We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more. Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.
Our Dallas office is centrally located within the Metroplex, making it convenient and easily accessible for our team members from across the Dallas-Fort Worth Area.
About the Team
In the Game Consoles team, we develop apps for the devices that can be found in a Living Room, especially game consoles: Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, etc. We use a special cross-platform framework to deliver from a single codebase to all platforms. Because the room is filled with consoles, inevitably we’re having fun in the process of doing what we love - programming!
- 4+ years of experience with React
- Proficient in TypeScript, Jest, CSS, Webpack, and REST API
- Deep understanding of clean code concepts and design patterns
- Strong English communication skills
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Ability to write unit tests
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience developing for Game Consoles
- Familiarity with frontend testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress
- Experience with CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Proficiency in build tools like Webpack or Gulp
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Backend development experience with Node.js and RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of CircleCI and Docker
- Exposure to video-related technologies such as HLS, DASH, and HTML5 Video
- Understanding of OOP, SOLID, DRY, and TDD principles
- Experience with MobX and RxJS
- Familiarity with 10-foot UI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
A day in the life of our Senior Frontend Engineer:
- Participate in daily standup and technical meetings and discuss code design, architecture, frameworks, new insights, and concepts.
- Use the PlayStation 5, 4, the Xbox and Nintendo Switch to implement new app features using ReactJS framework to work on these devices.
- Have fun discovering the bugs and fixing them.
- Review the code of your team members.
- Write our own small tooling in Typescript.
- We are humans, say jokes, laugh sometimes, meet for a drink, and other stuff.
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Fun, passionate and skilled co-workers
- Pet friendly - pet insurance
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of a Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories with the content and experiences they love. In addition to free ad-supported and subscription premium content, Crunchyroll serves the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
Anime fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll and translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast.
The Crunchyroll app is available on over 15 platforms, including all gaming consoles.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Courage - When we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
- Curiosity - We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
- Service - We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
- Kaizen - We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.