Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 4/14/2022
Toronto, ON, Canada
- 3+ years of experience with large-scale distributed systems
- 5+ years of experience in one or more general purpose programming languages; Go, Python, Rust, Java or C++
- Experience identifying and driving high impact projects that align with the company's strategy
- High empathy, excellent communication skills, and the ability to find compromise
- History of mentorship and technical leadership
- History of working on an API layer is a big plus
- Steer: Work with the team to select, scope, and drive high leverage projects that align with Reddit's goals
- Build: Execute on a strategy and create a more performant, more scalable, higher quality architecture
- Amplify: Mentor other ICs and be a technical leader on the GraphQL team
- Collaborate: Work together with a variety of teams across Reddit engineering
- Evolve: Learn and improve your own technical and non-technical abilities
- Experience structuring and implementing complex data models is a plus
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.