Data Engineering Manager
Analytics, Reality Labs
Posted on 8/17/2022
Seattle, WA, USA • Burlingame, CA, USA • Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA
- Data architecture experience
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects
- Experience scaling and managing teams
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing
- Project management experience
- Proactively drive the vision for Dashboarding and Data Warehousing across Facebook Reality Labs and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management, data quality and system reliability
- Build a high quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, User Researchers and Software Engineers to understand how data can help inform product direction
- Manage data warehouse plans
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new dashboards, data models and data pipelines in production
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches
- Define and manage SLA's for all data sets and processes running in production
- Experience with Augmented Reality or similar media enhancement technologies
- Experience in a consumer web, gaming, or mobile company
- Experience with large volume data sets, Hive/Presto, and data visualization tools
Parent company of Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, & more
Meta's mission is to make the world more open and connected— and give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
- Give People a Voice - People deserve to be heard and to have a voice — even when that means defending the right of people we disagree with.
- Serve Everyone - We work to make technology accessible to everyone, and our business model is ads so our services can be free.
- Promote Economic Opportunity - Our tools level the playing field so businesses grow, create jobs and strengthen the economy.
- Build Connection and Community - Our services help people connect, and when they’re at their best, they bring people closer together.
- Keep People Safe and Protect Privacy - We have a responsibility to promote the best of what people can do together by keeping people safe and preventing harm.