Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
With your passion for enabling developers, you are excited to craft interfaces to one of the top cloud databases. You will be part of the team that sets the direction and defines the interfaces to advance services and APIs to be used by other developers.
Your broad knowledge of popular programming frameworks and distributed systems will help bring Couchbase to more developer communities.
Your ability to represent Couchbase’s interests with Open Source communities, engaging those communities as a knowledgeable expert, will further not only your company’s value, but also the value of that ecosystem.
You will be an advocate for what developers need from Couchbase in both Couchbase Capella (DBaas) and self-managed deployments.
In doing so, you and Couchbase will continue to grow more users and customers in the constantly growing database market.
What will you be doing?
Design and Implement Service Interfaces in Cloud Deployments
Working with a team of subject matter experts and the product managers, define and implement service interfaces for a database in the cloud. This might be to meet other interfaces and frameworks where they are, like gRPC and GraphQL. It may also be to design and build larger systems handling logic and data supplied by users for value-add services.
Work collaboratively with other parts of the Engineering organization to bring the capabilities of other products to consumption/services based models.
Help look after the details that will delight users and meet company goals, such as ease of use, high availability, throttling, billing.
Support Across Lifecycle
Contribute to and create new artifacts needed for developer delight. This can range from samples in the docs and blogs in your own voice to the detailed work in explaining all of the different error conditions that a user may encounter.
Be an advocate to, and support Sales Engineers and Professional Services field organizations in understanding and bringing this tech to end users.
Facilitate efficient development of your team by collaborating on development processes, ensuring dependent items are in place, and anticipating needs when going to the cloud.
Partner to Product and Engineering
Work with Product Managers, Architects and Principal Engineers by creating ways for on-demand consumption of Couchbase APIs and services. In particular, be a subject matter expert to your team and the wider Couchbase team on the best ways to create cloud services.
Work across engineering teams, in some cases as a contributor or reviewer on projects and components outside your team, to ensure the pieces come together nicely.
- Motivated, autodidactic where needed, and highly productive individual, ready to learn new technologies and become quickly proficient.
- Experience with software development and deployment with at least two of the following: Golang, Python, public cloud, Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift and the related ecosystems.
- Familiar with code review and digging into existing software.
- Basic understanding of networking and building infrastructure in a distributed system environment.
- Experience with public cloud and cloud native common infrastructure expected.
- Experience working with a team distributed across timezones.
- Software developer, familiar with working in a test driven development paradigm with continuous integration and continuous testing.
- Existing experience with or aptitude to learn Golang.
- Solid understanding of at least one additional development language.
- Demonstrable experience in working collaboratively within a team developing software.
- Candidates should be able to describe how the team organized work and what different roles were within the team.
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $162,000 - $200,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for bonus, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
- And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.