Staff Data Scientist
Posted on 7/26/2022
Remote • United States
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Have 1+ years of experience leading initiatives, people and strategy either as a tech lead, intern manager, research manager in industry or academia
- Have 5+ total years of research + industry background in areas of Machine Learning, NLP, Computer Vision, Recommendation Systems and/or Computational Sciences
- Entrepreneurial, inventive but pragmatic to iteratively research and implement algorithmic solutions to challenging business and industry-wide problems
- Want to build Personalization and Recommendation Systems for high data velocity consumer scale
- Enjoy coaching, guiding and mentoring early career Data Scientists through a complex, fast moving, technical, and organizational landscape
- Adept at interfacing with non-technical stakeholders, identifying business needs, quickly establishing relationships and delivering ML driven solutions with agility
- Enjoy the scientific processes of experimentation design, offline/online evaluation and experimentation error analysis
- Code in Python, Tensorflow, Keras, SQL and maybe Go leveraging industry leading ML development tools built on top of Google Vertex AI and AWS SageMaker
- Conduct comprehensive studies of BuzzFeed's current approach to Recommender Systems to identify opportunities, gaps and areas of ML investment
- Partner with senior engineering, product and data leadership to strategize and develop ML architectures and research roadmaps
- Lead a group of 3-5 ML scientists and engineers and engage Product Managers and Product Engineers to devise ML roadmaps that grow the product/business
- Contribute and shape the ML infrastructure to support your vision and execution needs
Cross-platform digital media company
Buzzfeed is committed to making the internet better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the Internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring their audience to live better lives.
- Wellness - Comprehensive benefits for medical, dental, and vision insurance with a focus on Wellness. Plus discounts on Gyms, Care.com, and access to resources like Maven, Tend Dental, and One Medical.
- Planning for the future - Take advantage of the 401(k) plan with a company match, short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Work-life balance - We offer our employees paid time off (including your birthday!), paid holidays and generous leave options for life events such as becoming a parent or getting married.
- Career development - Opportunities for personal and professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more.