AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist, Portfolio Innovation and Target Diligence to lead the scientific and technical assessment for target selection. The successful candidate will be part of an interdisciplinary team that is responsible for identifying and assessing targets for internal and partner programs. The team will own the review of potential targets and identify key scientific and clinical questions that will guide the development path for a portfolio of biologic products to treat diseases with high unmet needs. Together, the scientific and commercial members of the team will determine the market potential and identify opportunities for AbCellera to apply its differentiated technology to antibody discovery, preclinical and early clinical development.
How you might spend your days:
- Researching potential antibody drug targets deeply to assess their degree of validation, likely risks, and potential indications for future development
- Sourcing scientific insights in literature, patents, and conferences and assessing their applicability to drug products
- Identifying opportunities to develop differentiated, best-in-class programs by understanding the key attributes of the AbCellera platform and unmet medical needs
- Managing relationships with external subject area experts or key opinion leaders to answer key questions
- Establishing Target Product Profiles in collaboration with clinical and commercial colleagues to determine early product positioning and strategic fit
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have an understanding and experience in the drug development process for antibody therapeutics
- You are flexible and scientifically nimble and enjoy translating scientific insights to inform product development decisions
- You are able to work within a cross-functional team to identify the latest trends in the emerging therapeutic antibody landscape to inform target selection and portfolio strategy
- You are a deeply curious and self-motivated researcher
- Familiarity with bioinformatics analysis of targets is desirable but not required
Required qualifications and experience:
- A Masters or PhD in a relevant discipline and 5-10 years of related experience
- Relevant experience working in the drug development or biotechnology industry
- Experience working in a cross-functional team or in a multidisciplinary role that integrated perspectives from scientists, clinical, and/or business colleagues
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present concepts to a wide audience with different technical backgrounds
- Ability to attend scientific and clinical conferences
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 220145 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.