At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world and work with high quality and sustainably sourced materials. But there’s a lot more work to be done, and we’re excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
The mission of the Accounting team is to build scalable and reliable accounting processes and a valuable financial reporting engine for operational, business analytics, and planning purposes. We work with teams across the company, from data, planning, engineering to marketing, to support the growth journey of Everlane. We are entrepreneurial in spirit and strategic in approach to building the financials.
This role plays a unique role at Everlane. Beyond providing leadership to the Accounting functions, you work in partnership with the VP of Finance to manage the company’s legal and operational risk through processes and controls. You and your team push the organization to higher levels of operational discipline through systematic reporting.
This position reports directly to the VP of Finance and will have direct reports. This is a full-time role with a hybrid work schedule based at our San Francisco office headquarters.
- Collaborate with Technical Accounting Manager and FP&A to continue developing a best-in-class Finance function; mentor and develop talent
- Oversee various areas of accounting operations on a daily basis, including but not limiting to cash, accounts payables, Capex, prepaids, accruals, tax and payroll.
- Oversee the timeliness, efficiency, accuracy, and consistency of the month-end and year-end close processes
- Ensure consistent implementation of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP
- Partner closely with third parties to manage annual external audits, business filings, taxes, lender compliance and other corporate accounting activities
- Be a strong voice for accounting, collaborating cross-functionally and building meaningful relationships with cross-functional teams
- Drive scalability and process improvements to streamline workflows to prepare Everlane for the next stage of growth
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong organizational, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environment
- Track record of developing, mentoring, and leading teams
- Overall +7 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Accounting Operations
- Experience with Netsuite, Planful and ADP a plus
The Fine Print:
At Everlane, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors, including your background and experience. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary. The annual compensation range for this role is $116,000 - $137,000 - $158,000. The actual pay may vary depending on your skills, qualifications, experience and geographic location.
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.