Senior Data Scientist
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Burlingame, CA, USA
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Financial Mathematics or other technical field
- 8+ years of industry experience in Data Science and Analytics
- 6+ years of prior industry experience in Product Analytics
- 6+ years experience in scripting languages for DS like Python or R
- 3+ years of experience using big data query/processing languages and tools such as Hive, Spark and Airflow
- Experience leading complex cross functional and cross-org projects
- Experience promoting best practices and excellence across an analytics team
- Experience developing a vision, roadmap, datasets, and tooling in a nascent area
- Knowledge of statistics fundamentals to support experimental design and analysis
- Experience with exploratory data analysis, data analysis to inform product design decisions, statistical analysis and testing, and machine learning model development
- Domain knowledge related to gaming, communication, education, building out a platform, and/or enabling creators
- Experience with data visualization and / or building an analytics platform
- Experience working on customer support, relations, and / or services
- Experience working on user growth
- Passionate about data. You have the curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn new techniques and tools to extract value from data
- A strong communicator. You understand that analysis must be presented in meaningful ways and engage in spirited discussions about the findings. You have the ability to explain technical concepts to executives and non-technical audiences and discuss appropriate tradeoffs
- A leader that is invested in the success of others and has impact through mentorship and engagement with the community
- A capable statistician. You understand the value of characterizing data by its distribution. Covariance, Bias, and Conditional Probability are concepts that you rely on every day
- An expert transforming data with SQL and a scripting language such as Python or R. You're experienced in automating efforts and crunching massive volumes of data using big data frameworks such as Spark, Hadoop or Flink
- Experienced in experimentation and developing models to draw insights from data. You use experimentation, causal inference, regression techniques, data mining, and statistical techniques to create scalable solutions to solve difficult business problems. You understand when to apply the appropriate methodology to maximize impact in a pragmatic fashion
- Reporting to the Director of Data Science and Analytics, you will be a strategic thought partner that uses data and insights to drive growth
- Provide technical mentorship and expertise that multiplies the contributions of data scientists across the org
- Accelerate product development through your understanding of the data and its potential
- Access raw data, and then transform it, analyze it, and render it in a compelling way to guide product development
- Define metrics to evaluate success and build dashboards to track progress
- Evaluate A/B experiments to determine success of product feature launches
- Influence how Roblox interacts with its players and its platform creators to accelerate creator velocity
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done