From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
About the Role
Fivetran is building data pipelines to power the modern data stack for thousands of companies.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Developer Productivity team to work on automation and tool development for the support department. You will be responsible for creating solutions to automate manual processes and developing custom tools to enhance the productivity and efficiency of the support team. You will also be expected to troubleshoot issues as they arise and work with stakeholders to continually improve our automation strategies. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a dynamic team and to make a significant impact on the company’s support operations.
This is a full-time position based out of our Serbia office in Novi Sad.
Technologies You’ll Use
TypeScript, React, HTML, CSS, Java, Postgres, GCP, Github, Buildkite.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with the support team to identify areas where automation and tool development can improve productivity and efficiency
- Design, develop, and maintain automation solutions using programming languages such as TypeScript and Java
- Develop custom tools to enhance the functionality of Zendesk and other support software platforms
- Write clear and concise technical documentation and user guides for the developed tools and automation solutions
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for the developed tools and automation solutions
- Keep up-to-date with new tools and technologies related to automation and tool development for the support department
Skills We’re Looking For
- Strong software engineering foundation including knowledge of data structures, algorithms, paradigms and best practices
- Experience with front-end development
- Experience with automation and tool development
- Knowledge of software development best practices such as version control, testing, and documentation
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Zendesk or other support software platforms
- Experience with React
- Experience with API development and integration
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
Perks and Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical insurance*
- Generous paid time-off policy (PTO), plus paid sick time, inclusive parental leave policy, holidays, and volunteer days off
- RSU stock grants
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours, free food, and fun team building activities
- Monthly cell phone stipend
*may vary by country - please reach out to your recruiter for more information
To learn more about Fivetran’s benefits by region - click here.
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Get Stuck In, Do the Right Thing, and One Team, One Dream. Read about us in Forbes.
Fivetran brings together high-quality talent across the globe to make data access as easy and reliable as electricity for our customers. We value and recognize that our customers benefit from having innovative teams made of people from many backgrounds, experiences and identities. Fivetran promotes diversity, equity, inclusion & belonging through attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining a diverse workforce, not only because it is the right thing to do, but because it helps us build a world-class company to better serve our customers, our people and our communities.
To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.