Director of Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- 6+ years experience of managing teams of software and infrastructure engineers
- 10+ years of experience developing internet-scale software, preferably in backend roles
- Professional experience and capability with scaled, high rate platform services, and API design
- Track record of assembling high functioning organization
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and keep projects on schedule
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Develop, drive and execute a long term vision and strategy for Core Services to be leveraged by all of Reddit's products
- Coordinate across product and engineering teams to understand and widely socialize Reddit's core service priorities across all of our products
- Deliver and maintain a long term roadmap for core service capabilities and supported/recommended interfaces for development
- Establish a stronger Platform-Product interface for feature tracking and prioritization, and provide an opinionated and trusted voice for guiding these decisions
- Support the reliable operation of these systems as a Platform for Reddit products, and allow us to rapidly deliver reliable, performant, and efficient services to our end users
- Drive the identification and scoping of data access and auditability requirements for across core services, in order to support operation as a public company
- Evolve our backend tech stack using modern and internal supported options (Golang, Redis, etc)
- Lead, manage and grow high-caliber engineering teams
- Provide mentorship and growth opportunities for team members and leaders to evolve in their roles at a company scale
- Set and support a culture of metrics driven Quality, with efficient processes and strong transparency
- Help Reddit reach its goal of bringing community and belonging to everyone
Social news website & forum
Reddit's mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. The company operates a social news website and forum where content is socially curated by members.
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible unlimited vacation days & monthly global wellness days
- Family planning funds & 4+ months paid parental leave
- Personal & professional development funds
- Paid volunteer time off
- Workspace & home office benefits
Company Core Values
- Evolve: Only by continually improving and learning will we succeed.
- Add Value: We constantly evaluate our work to ensure it’s adding value and bringing us closer to achieving our mission. It’s easy to fall into the trap of conflating activity with value. Adding value requires hard work, but not all hard work is valuable.
- Default: Open The free flow of ideas and feedback is the lifeblood of a healthy organization, and Reddit must embrace it if we are to thrive.