ArsenalBio, a privately held programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Senior Research Associate to work onsite based in our Hayward office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
We are seeking a talented and motivated Senior Research Associate III to join the ArsenalBio Process Development team. The individual will work closely with team members to develop GMP-compatible processes and procedures that will lead to the effective manufacture of our cell therapy products. The individual will also interact cross-functionally across the organization to enable the success of ArsenalBio.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with planning, execution, analysis, and reporting on experiments to support the development of a GMP process to successfully manufacture T cell therapy products
- Compile documentation (protocols, batch records, reports) to facilitate transfer of ArsenalBio’s process to manufacturing
- Actively engage in cross-functional collaboration with peers to overcome challenges and enable effective and successful project execution
- Organize, communicate, and present complex data sets to key stakeholders and senior management
- Explore and evaluate emerging technologies, including clinical-scale, closed-system workflows, to improve and optimize the cell therapy manufacturing process
What Will You Bring:
- Master’s with 4+ years, or Bachelor’s with 6+ years of experience in a relevant scientific discipline such as Biotechnology, Bioprocess engineering, Immunology, Molecular Biology, or Biochemistry (required)
- Experience in bench/clinical-scale human immune cell isolation, T cell expansion, and/or mammalian cell culture techniques (required)
- Relevant research experience in T cell biology and/or immunotherapy (preferred)
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry analyses, including panel design and data analysis (preferred)
- Prior experience in cell therapy and/or process development teams (preferred)
- Prior experience developing scale-down models to support process development and optimization (preferred)
- Understanding of cGMP environment, Design of Experiment (DOE), and Quality by Design (QBD) principles for process and assay development, qualification, and validation (a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment and coordinate tasks across multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Creative approach to problem-solving and ability to think outside the box
- Willingness to accept other responsibilities outside of initial job description and quickly adapt in response to changing research priorities
- Authenticity, enthusiasm, and a team-minded attitude
What We Will Offer You:
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $101,100 - $123,800.
Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.