The Red Ventures Travel Senior Public Relations Manager will work alongside the communications team on all aspects of public relations for The Points Guy, Lonely Planet, and Elsewhere. The Senior PR Manager will be responsible for leading the team and applying expert knowledge of best practices in communications, public relations and marketing to elevate Red Ventures travel brands mission and impact. The Senior PR Manager will lead various tasks and initiatives such as managing company spokespeople, working closely with agency partners, overseeing all 3 brands media presence, maintaining active relationships with the media and leading The Points Guy’s social impact efforts. The ideal candidate has an interest and experience in consumer PR and media relations and a passion for travel and giving back.
This position reports to the VP of Communications and will be based in The Points Guy’s New York City office.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the execution of public relations strategies for The Points Guy, Lonely Planet and Elsewhere brands including research and writing, developing media concepts, pitch angles, talking points, media alerts and releases that drive brand awareness, engagement and adoption
- Bring and maintain relationships with media “friendlies” and key journalists, producers and hosts
- Secure, lead and manage media interviews for all RV Travel brands
- Leverage advanced knowledge of consumer behavior, economic trends and the travel landscape in support of strategic objectives and business goals
- Oversee The Points Guy social impact strategy including charitable giving, planning and execution of campaigns and management of external charity partners
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years of experience in media, agency or PR required
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns at a national level
- Strong storytelling ability
- Mission-driven with a passion for travel, credit cards and points and miles is a plus
- BA required
- Cash Compensation Range: $112,000 - $162,000*
- Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Mental Wellness Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Who We Are
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.