Production Control, Dragon Spacecraft
Posted on 1/9/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience with project planning and scheduling
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with medium to large sized (4000-8000 lines) projects
- Professional experience with Microsoft Excel and similar scheduling software
- Ability to work with limited supervision to develop and maintain program schedules
- Experience working with an enterprise resource plan (ERP) system
- Analytical and organizational skills; able to be diplomatically persuasive or assertive when necessary
- Ability to work and communicate well with others in a team environment
- Skilled at taking in large quantities of information and presenting it in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in integrated master scheduling (IMS) and integrated master plans (IMP)
- Willing to work weekends and extended hours as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Maintain build and test schedules for programs using Microsoft Excel, Project or similar program
- Provide daily visibility on schedule, part shortage or resource performance
- Prepare probability based schedules to assist management in making decisions
- Prepare work schedules and track work progress to highlight project critical path, escalation paths and suggest remediation activities
- Provide scheduling expertise to department, company, and other personnel as required
- Perform schedule analysis on critical path and variances
- Supervise production coordinator and scheduler force across both shifts
- Work closely with customers regarding shipments and daily schedule targets
- Manage part shortage escalations and remediation
- Perform fulfillment activities as needed to support production and test departments
- Work directly with resource supervisors and managers to resolve ongoing part shortages, production rate plans, part kitting processes and general floor organization events
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.