Senior Backend Software Engineer
Posted on 12/6/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
- Experienced: 5+ Years of experience in building critically acclaimed consumer applications that impact millions of users' lives
- Technical: Expertisein building scalable and robust backend distributed systems. You have worked with containerized backend microservices
- Passionate: You are driven to solve problems and passionate about building quality technical solutions that will last for years to come
- Author technical specifications with other engineers and teams to refine and translate product requirements into reality
- Develop and maintain our team's backend services. Experience with C# is a plus
- Work with other engineering teams and particularly with the broader Content group to build technical systems that will last for years to come
- Mentor and pair with less senior engineers to scale your impact on Roblox
- Adhere to and expand our vision to put the Roblox community first, get things done, and take the long view
- Product focused: You have experience working with stakeholders to build backends to support consumer-facing products. Experience involving user-generated content is a plus
Game platform and game creation system
Roblox’s mission is to bring the world together through play. They enable anyone to imagine, create, and have fun with friends as they explore millions of immersive 3D experiences, all built by a global community of developers.
- Benefits and Perks - The health and well-being of our employees and their families is our top priority. We offer robust and comprehensive programs with variety to best meet your needs.
- Well-Being Benefits - With flexible time off and a bi-annual, company-wide spring/summer recharge, Roblox knows how to balance working hard with winding down.
- Financial Benefits - Competitive compensation packages, 401(k) matching, and flexible share incentives that let you choose how to share in our success.
- Health and Wellness - Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, family planning resources, and 12 weeks off for all new parents.
- Flexible Workplace - Our hybrid work schedule balances working onsite and working remotely. Enjoy daily lunch and an in-house fitness center when working from our San Mateo headquarters.
Company Core Values
- Inspire Others
- Work Hard
- Respect the Community
- Get Stuff Done