Intern – Environmental Engineering
Posted on 11/30/2023
Integrated water and environmental project solutions
Woodard & Curran stands out as a multidisciplinary firm, integrating science, engineering, design-build, and operations to deliver tailored solutions for water and environmental projects. Their collaborative approach, deep understanding of client realities, and commitment to both their clients and the communities they serve, positions them as a leader in their industry. The company's emphasis on a happy, healthy team culture further enhances their competitive advantage, fostering an environment that encourages quality work and positive impact on the planet.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 4%
2 year growth↑ 12%
Bozeman, MT, USA
- Complete tasks for site investigation and remediation projects
- Support and perform civil design calculations for various projects
- Assist with report preparation
- Provide data management support through the use of spreadsheets and databases
- Conduct environmental literature searches/reviews
- Support field work
- Additional course work in groundwater/surface water hydrology and hydraulics, AutoCAD and/or GIS
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
Woodard & Curran is a national engineering, science, and operations firm with a simple vision for clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. As an employee-owned company, we strive to cultivate diverse teams and encourage collaboration in an equitable and inclusive culture. We seek talented individuals from all backgrounds to help us address a broad range of water and environmental issues. We prioritize our people, offering opportunities for professional growth, ownership, and flexibility. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and the planet.
We are looking for a motivated Engineer or Environmental Science intern to join our company part time during the school year and full time in the summer. If you want to jump-start your career and expand your skills while working alongside talented experts, then this is the opportunity for you! You will be involved with project work from day one, working side-by-side with experienced engineers and scientists helping our clients address their site development, remediation, and water and environmental challenges. Exercise your creativity and problem-solving skills in a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization that puts our people first, with a culture that focuses on providing meaningful work, engaging challenges, recognition, and reward.
Duties and responsibilities vary based on level of experience and project expectations. An intern will generally shadow experienced professionals and participate as a member of a team by contributing to actual projects. Interns must be able to apply what they have learned in the classroom to our projects and work assignments.
The selected candidate may be expected to complete tasks for site investigation and remediation projects; support and perform civil design calculations for various projects; report preparation assistance; data management support through the use of spreadsheets and databases; environmental literature searches/reviews and support for field work. The Candidate’s attention to detail and ability to interact and communicate with project staff and co-workers will play an important role in the Candidate’s success.
The ideal candidate will be a third year or recent college graduate with a degree or pursuing a degree in civil or environmental engineering or in a similar environmental scientific field (environmental emphasis preferred but not necessary). Additional course work in groundwater/surface water hydrology and hydraulics, AutoCAD and/or GIS is highly recommended. OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training is desirable. Must be able to commit to 10 or more hours/week during the school year as a part-time intern and will transition to full time during the summer. Candidate must be willing to travel at least 1 week a month during the summer for environmental sampling.
Benefits & Wellbeing
• 401(k) Pre-tax or Roth Contributions: Company will match equal to 100% of the first 3% of salary contributed, All employees are eligible to participate in the 401(k) plan and are 100% vested in the value of own contributions and any employer matching contributions.
Time away from work:
• Vacation time is provided to full and part-time regular employees. Vacation is accrued, based on number of hours worked per week as well as prior years of experience.
• Woodard & Curran offers paid sick time to eligible employees who are absent due to their own non-work related, illness, injury, or medical procedure.
• Woodard & Curran provides up to 80 hours of Paid Parental Leave for child bonding in a 12-month period.
• Company-paid short- and long-term disability insurance from Sun Life to assist with replacing a portion of your income in the event of non-job-related illness or injury. Eligible employees are automatically enrolled and eligible immediately.
Coverage and support for your needs and wellbeing:
Personal and Family health: Company offers three medical plan options based on geography; plus HSA and PSA plans are available based on eligibility, additional options include dental and vision plans.
Company provides basic employee group life insurance and AD&D benefits; additional voluntary life insurance for employee and family are available through Sun Life.
WayForward powered by Dario: EAP Program combined with personalized mental health and wellbeing coaching.
LiveWell wellbeing program: credit incentive is available, up to $600 annually – nutrition and fitness reimbursement, and access to the Virgin Pulse wellness platform.
Education: Tuition assistance offers eligible employees up to 100% reimbursement of tuition, books and fees up to $5250 per year, for courses related to the employee’s job or planned career development.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
Woodard & Curran is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We value diversity, equity and inclusion and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Woodard & Curran believes that complex teams working together in an equitable, inclusive space provides the best opportunity for achieving our vision of clean water, a safe environment, healthy communities, and happy people. Our success is tied to a culture that embraces our differences so that everyone can bring their whole, authentic selves to work. When our people are supported to reach their full potential, we provide the most innovative, sound, and effective solutions.