Detection & Response
Posted on 12/20/2022
New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 2+ years of career experience related to cybersecurity
- Experience in reverse engineering, computer forensics, ethical hacking, and threat hunting to solve problems
- Previous experience in particular OS environments (Mac and Linux) as well as cloud environments (AWS and GCP)
- In-depth technical understanding that enables you to assess security risks
- Can fluently communicate security risks to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Support the overall improvement of the security process and documentation
- Stay informed of new technologies or application methodologies through publications, membership in professional organizations and contact with other IT organizations and institutions
- Participate in the design and day-to-day administration of security systems that reflect state-of-the-art security best practices and compliance, ensuring a focus on balancing security effectiveness without introducing material operational friction
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate security issues in Oscar's cloud environments and processes
- Assist Engineering teams with identifying security requirements
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills with a strong ability to plan, prioritize, and execute projects independently or in coordination with other teams
- Help create metrics to demonstrate the effectiveness of our application security program and inform continuous program improvements
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for all configurations for the production environment
- Encourage a culture of collaboration with a focus on automation, maintainability, and security
- Secure development life-cycle (SDLC) practices including threat modeling and security testing
Health insurance company
Oscar Health’s mission is to make high-quality health insurance accessible and affordable for everyone. The company is a software driven health insurance company that offers medical plans, medicare advantages, and small group products.
- Health insurance - That’s a given. Employees and their families receive incredible health insurance.
- Financial benefits - A penny saved....we’re talking about a 401K plan, health savings accounts, and more.
- Well @ Oscar - We care about your wellness with fitness classes and access to mental health support.
- Work-Life Balance - We offer multiple time-off options, wellness days, and 10+ weeks of parental leave.
- Learning & Development - We offer everything from mentorship to management training.
Company Core Values
- What we do is a big deal. We’re solving problems that change and save lives.
- Powered by people. Members above all. Developing and growing others is what raises the bar.
- No genius without grit. Be relentless. Be scrappy. Trying and failing beats not trying and changing nothing.
- Seek the truth... but never assume you’ve found it. Be scientific.
- Inspire & provoke. Develop and display leadership at all levels. Fight to be the best.
- Be transparent. Give and ask for direct feedback. Be grateful for and excited by the help of others.
- Make it right. Admit your mistakes. Then learn from them. Never build alone.