Who We Are
Arcadia is the technology company empowering energy innovators and consumers to fight the climate crisis. Our software and APIs are revolutionizing an industry held back by outdated systems and institutions by creating unprecedented access to the data and clean energy needed to make a decarbonized energy grid possible.
In 2014, Arcadia set out on its mission to break the fossil fuel monopoly and since then we have been knocking down the institutional barriers to unlock decarbonization. To date, we have connected hundreds of thousands of consumers and small businesses with high-quality clean energy options. Fast forward to today, and now, we’re thinking even bigger. We have launched Arc, an industry-defining SaaS platform that empowers developers and energy innovators to deliver their own custom, personalized energy experiences, accelerating the transformation of the industry from an analog energy system into a digitized information network.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges requires out-of-the-box thinking & diverse perspectives. We’re building a team of individuals from different backgrounds, industries, & educational experiences. If you share our passion for ushering in the era of the clean electron, we look forward to learning what you would uniquely bring to Arcadia!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a Director of Analytics Engineering to join the Data team. This person will report to the SVP of Data and own Arcadia’s Lakehouse architecture and technical implementation. The closest peer teams for this role will be Data Engineering (owning data ingestion and the data lake) and Analytics (owning analysis, insight generation, and tool automation). The ideal candidate is a data owner who loves building business concepts and structures out of complex, unstructured data sets.
Arcadia is a data company, and Analytics Engineering is a fundamental part of our goal to describe and grow the business. The successful candidate will be a key architect for the Data team, enabling analytics, automation, and data product development with innovative, industry-leading analytics engineering solutions.
The successful person will oversee a global team of six between the United States and India.
Arcadia is headquartered in Washington, DC, and open to fully remote candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as a key data architect within the Data team, owning the design and implementation of our Lakehouse
- Partner with the Data Engineering team to define and prioritize what data sources should be ingested into the data lake and how
- Partner with the Analytics team to define the critical business concepts and automations that we need, and translate those into technical requirements for the team to build
- Grow, coach, and mentor a growing team of analytics engineers
- Drive the team forward by proactively finding opportunities to do things differently, faster and more efficiently (do we need a data mesh? How should we handle real-time data? What SLAs should we offer?)
What will help you succeed:
- 8+ years of experience in data roles, at least 4 of which leading teams of analytics engineers or data engineers
- Strong technical skills; we expect this role to be contributing to the data codebase, so Python and SQL fluency is a must
- Proficiency in engineering standard methodologies (sprints, code reviews, etc.)
- Strong team mentorship and coaching skills
- Outstanding sense of ownership and ability to partner with Data Engineering and with Analytics to build the best data solutions for Arcadia
- Experience leading distributed teams across multiple time zones, using sync and async communication
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with senior leadership
- Snowflake and dbt experience (that’s part of our stack!)
- Experience with CI/CD development
- Energy industry background
- Experience with venture-backed start-ups
- "Remote first" culture - work anywhere in the US as long as you have a reliable internet connection
- Flexible PTO - no accrued hours and no limit on the number of vacation days employees can take each year
- 17 annual company-wide holidays including a week long "summer break"
- 10 days sick leave
- Up to 4 weeks bereavement leave
- 2 volunteer days off
- 2 professional development days off
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for all parents
- Weekly "flex time" - no internal meetings on Tuesdays and Friday afternoons
- 80-95% employer cost coverage for medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and dependents
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Target Annual Compensation Range for this role will be $200,000 to $250,000. There will also be a competitive benefits and equity (bonus if applicable) component to the package. The exact compensation at which this job is filled will be determined by the skills, experience, and location of the qualified candidate.