Posted on 3/9/2023
Norfolk, VA, USA
- You have a proven track record of owning and executing complex projects
- You lead with humility, respect and empathy, you give and take feedback constructively, and you do not shy away from having difficult conversations and resolving conflicts
- You are effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously; you can delegate, prioritize, and take responsibility
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced environment, operating in ambiguity, and shifting priorities quickly
- You are a problem solver; you don't accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Everything that comes in your way is met with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude. You partner effectively with others in order to provide solutions in all areas of our department and business
- You have strong written and verbal presentation and communication skills - you understand how to create a story and craft messaging based on your audience and the problem at hand
- You have a Bachelor's Degree and you are comfortable with managing data in Excel
- Lead the growth and execution of our brand new microtransit service in Hampton Roads, a 7 day per week ride-sharing service, the first in the area
- Manage our growing microtransit independent driver workforce to ensure adequate coverage across our geography and service hours
- Coordinate with our fleet partners to ensure vehicles are operational and to the partner's satisfaction
- Build and manage key operational processes around supply planning, customer support, and reporting
- Prioritize operational issues as a real-time point of contact and provide creative solutions to execute improvements
- Build strong cross-functional relationships across various Via teams and offices and local operations staff, partnering with our existing local team serving Hampton Roads Paratransit
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.