Grafana Labs is looking for a Technical Trainer who is passionate about driving successful business outcomes for our customers in the observability space. Technical Trainer within Grafana’s Professional Services department drive enablement of each of our Grafana Products, both virtually, as well as through recordings and onsite (as needed). They influence customer adoption that help realize customer business objectives. They build processes and tooling for training and enablement to ensure we are scaling our business effectively, standardizing our training assets, and continuously improving our delivery.
Your primary duties will be to deliver online and in-person sessions on the entire Grafana stack of technologies. You should be comfortable with a variety of delivery methods, including VILT, in-person training, and open-ended Q&A sessions. You will also assist our curriculum development team with reviewing educational materials and our Professional Services team in building the right sandbox environments for our customers to learn in.
This position will also have a large role in shaping how customer training is scoped and delivered at Grafana Labs. You will be invaluable as the voice of the customer for our curriculum developers, as well as a contributor to the Sales team, the Customer Success Managers (CSM’s), and the rest of Grafana Labs.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced trainer or solutions engineer/architect with a background in observability/monitoring or a related technology space. You will need to be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy continuously learning and teaching.
This role is fully remote, as are all roles at Grafana Labs. Travel requirements for on-site training are currently low but may increase in future. There will be occasional requirements to work outside of the usual working hours in your time zone in order to present online sessions for groups in other time zones. We intend to hire this role in the CST or EST (central or eastern US/Canada) to optimize coverage for EMEA and US geographies.
- Work with customers to define and scope their training needs
- Plan schedules for customer training engagements, including recruiting SMEs from the Professional Services or Sales Engineering teams as needed for advanced topics
- Deliver engaging training sessions online and in person for a wide range of audiences and roles
- Continuously improve training content to ensure accuracy, completeness, and appropriateness for the intended audience
- Provide feedback and suggestions for new or revised content from customer sessions, our community forums, and our community Slack
- Use your knowledge of the Grafana stack and scripting to assist our training infrastructure engineer in expanding the capabilities of our hands-on exercise environments
- Continuously grow your knowledge of the Grafana stack of technologies
- 5+ years of experience working directly with customers as either a trainer or a solutions engineer/architect, including training customers on technical software, scoping customer needs, and planning training schedules
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and ability to clearly articulate complex technical concepts
- Strong ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to effectively connect and collaborate with a globally distributed team while working remotely
- Experience with prioritizing and managing your own projects in order to meet tight deadlines
- Experience as an SRE, Cloud Architect, DevOps engineer, or system administrator
- Experience in using or administering the Grafana technology stack
- Familiarity with metrics, monitoring, and/or observability technology
- Native speaker of English or a similar level of fluency
- Located in North or South America
In the United States, the Base compensation range for this role is $132k - $200k. Actual compensation may vary based on level, experience, and skillset as assessed in the interview process. We are hiring for both Solutions Architects and Senior Solutions Architects, and this range spans both roles. Benefits include equity, bonus (if applicable) and other benefits listed here.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.