Lime is the world’s largest shared electric vehicle company. We’re on a mission to build a future where transportation is shared, affordable and carbon-free. Our electric bikes and scooters have powered 400+ million rides in 250+ cities on 5 continents, replacing an estimated 100+ million car trips. Named a Time 100 Most Influential Company and Fast Company Brand That Matters, we achieved a fully profitable year in 2022, becoming the first in our industry to reach this milestone.
We are seeking a legal counsel with deep knowledge of privacy laws along with in-house product counseling experience. The attorney in this role will take the lead on bolstering Lime’s privacy program and practices, helping to implement a global privacy framework, creating policies, guidelines, and training and helping develop privacy compliance processes. This attorney will also provide legal advice to the product teams that create product features to address the requirements imposed by Lime’s city partners, providing advice to those teams at all stages of the product development lifecycle.
This legal counsel will report directly to the Deputy General Counsel. We are a remote first company and welcome applications from anywhere we operate.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the lead attorney on most privacy issues, providing advice to legal colleagues and business stakeholders on privacy risks.
- Help to design and maintain Lime’s global data protection program.
- Draft internal policies, procedures, training, and guidance materials on data privacy compliance.
- Review new products, features, and initiatives to identify legal and regulatory risk, and provide practical guidance on potential ways to appropriately mitigate that risk; and
- Develop strategies for handling legal issues in creative, business-centric ways. You will build processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly.
- Qualified Solicitor/Lawyer
- 5+ years relevant experience at a firm or in-house, with in-house experience working on privacy issues highly valued;
- Extensive knowledge of GDPR and future legislation around data privacy, security and protection;
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, comfortable with ambiguity, and enjoy working hard and being continually challenged;
- Able to anticipate risks and proactively build the processes and systems to mitigate them;
- Have a passion for Lime and our mission;
- Demonstrate the ability to provide timely, practical, business-friendly advice to clients with minimal supervision;
- Possess strong analytical and strategic skills;
- Able to work flexibly to accommodate other time zones when necessary; and
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
When you join Lime, you join a global community of smart, caring, talented individuals working together to deliver world-changing results; striving to create an experience that enables Limers to do their best work. Here are some ways we support and invest in our team:
Competitive salaries, performance-based annual bonus and pre-IPO equity
Health and wellness offerings for all team members starting day one including access to top-tier fitness and mindfulness apps
Flexible vacation policies with ample paid holidays tailored to country of residence
Fully-paid leave following the birth or adoption of a child and financial, medical and educational support for Limers pursuing parenthood
Support for retirement and financial goals with unlimited access to financial advisors
Unlimited, complimentary use of our vehicles in hundreds of cities around the world
Professional growth opportunities through quarterly learning days and top-tier tools
Opportunities to connect across teams and locations to network, socialize and volunteer
Culture of belonging with Employee Resource Groups that engage and promote cultural awareness and DEI training across all functions
Consistent recognition of great work through meaningful rewards and career advancements
Benefits and perks vary depending on the nature of your employment and country of residence. Terms and conditions may apply.
If you want to make an impact, Lime is the place for you. Not sure if you meet all the qualifications? If this role excites you we encourage you to apply. Explore all opportunities on our career page.
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s just the start. We believe different perspectives help us grow and achieve more. That’s why we’re dedicated to hiring and developing the most talented and globally diverse team – which includes individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, identities and experiences.