Red Ventures is looking for an Associate Lab Technician to join our CNET team. CNET is the world’s largest technology media website with a mission to empower consumers to make confident and life-improving decisions, owned by Red Ventures since 2020.
As an associate lab technician, you will be responsible for lab-based product testing and data summation. You’ll work closely with editors and senior lab staff to understand the goals of each testing category and to deliver results in whatever manner is most appropriate.
We are looking for a hard-working, meticulous individual who can manage deadlines, prioritize short- and long-term projects, while meeting day-to-day organizational and maintenance needs. Laboratory experience is not required, but ideal candidates should have familiarity with related principles such as math and science (electric, temperature, fluid).
What You’ll Do:
- Carry out testing procedures based on provided outlines
- Organize and communicate data results
- Data entry, including research of product specifications
- Organize and maintain laboratory equipment and spaces
- Support procedures and software for testing use
What We’re Looking For:
- Microsoft Office and Google Suite familiarity
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Basic media manipulation skills (basic editing, resizing, cropping, down/uploading)
- Familiarity with residential utilities (water, electric, gas)
- Familiarity with writing/journalism a plus
- Familiarity with technology driven devices
- Remote employment is NOT available for this position.
- Cash Compensation Range: $55,000-85,000* *Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Over the last twenty years, Red Ventures has built a portfolio of influential brands, digital platforms, and strategic partnerships that work together to connect millions of people with expert advice. Through premium content and personalized digital experiences, Red Ventures builds online journeys that make it easier for people to make important decisions about their homes, health, travel, finances, education and entertainment. Founded in 2000, Red Ventures has 3,000 employees in 10 cities across the US, as well as in the UK and Brazil. Red Ventures owns and operates several large digital brands including Healthline, The Points Guy, Bankrate, MYMOVE, and Allconnect.com.
For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.