Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with the common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. In 2022, GoFundMejoined together with Classy, a leading nonprofit fundraising software company that enables nonprofits to connect supporters with the causes they care about. Together, GoFundMe and Classy have empowered people and organizations to raise more than $25 billion since 2010. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Director of Procurement who will lead our newly formed Procurement Operations function. The Director of Procurement will develop business systems and processes to drive company-wide procurement improvement opportunities, increase efficiencies between GoFundMe and Classy and work to create, and optimize procurement operations to enhance operational excellence and synergies between the divisions to support efficient growth and profitability.
The Director of Procurement will provide critical guidance, insights, and strategic frameworks to senior management and key stakeholders to drive company-wide procurement initiatives. The role requires a high degree of experience, business acumen and partnership across business functions to connect, implement, and manage supplier, vendor and contractor agreement negotiations and relationships, while ensuring compliance with, and helping to refine, policies and processes.
You will be a good fit if you have previous experience leading procurement functions to help drive growth and operational efficiency, particularly following a merger or acquisition, and if you are data driven and enjoy partnering with cross-functional teams to identify, engage and manage critical external partners. This strategic, but hands-on role will report directly to the SVP of Finance and is located in the Western part of the US.
- Develop, lead, and execute procurement strategies in support of business operations, development and financial goals.
- Collaborate with key business stakeholders across sales, product, engineering, marketing and communications to develop cost effective purchasing and negotiation strategies.
- Perform required business analysis with key stakeholders to align business priorities with procurement initiatives.
- In conjunction with Finance, Legal and Compliance leaders, develop and implement integrated global procurement policies and processes, systems, and controls.
- Establish, measure and report procurement KPI’s, including cost reduction, quality and SLA performance.
- Integrate procurement processes across GoFundMe and Classy, including identifying cost-saving for overlapping vendors, and capitalizing on synergies when purchasing.
- Lead the supplier / vendor selection process through formal RFP, RFQ and RFI processes, “should-cost modeling”, negotiation, contracting and performance management.
- Manage supplier contract negotiations to ensure cost competitiveness and risk mitigation.
- Driving the continuous improvement of the procurement function.
- Supporting the management, monitoring, and mitigation of third-party risks
- Analyze markets to maintain a clear view of “at-market” terms and rates for commonly used vendors – e.g., AWS, NetSuite, Jira.
- Establishing and owning procurement processes and systems.
- Partner with Finance, Legal, Accounts Payable and IT/Security teams to drive digital transformation across the Procure to Pay process.
- Establishing and monitoring controls to help drive company-wide compliance with approved protocols and negotiated contracts.
- Executing key value delivery agenda, including annual planning of value delivery, market events, suppliers’ management, etc.
- Facilitating management of existing vendors through ongoing obligations (e.g. reporting), performance milestones and renewals/terminations.
- Train employees throughout the company to ensure understanding and compliance to procurement processes and controls.
- Must have 10+ years of procurement experience
- Proven track record of driving P&L efficiency through superior procurement capabilities
- Experience developing and leading process automation
- Experience identifying and implementing systems to drive procurement automation
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Complex problem solving and decision making
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experience working with cross functional leadership teams
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Knowledge of contract administration and management
- Good knowledge of supplier or third-party vendor management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Ability to interpret contract legal and commercial terms
- Experience in collecting and analyzing internal as well as external market data
- Integrity and strong focus on compliance and risk management
- Strong leadership capabilities
- High level of organizational skills and ability to adhere to and improve record-keeping processes and procedures in alignment with data retention policies
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: impatient to be great, find a way, earn trust every day, fueled by purpose.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
The total annual salary for this full-time position is $180,000 - $245,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. As this is a remote position, the salary range was determined by role, level, and possible location across the US. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range based on your location during the hiring process.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
GoFundMe 2022 | Year in Help
We Support Justice + Equality