Internal Audit Manager
Posted on 8/10/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • United States
- Collaborate with the Head of Audit to develop and implement a Technology Audit program that is commensurate with the size and needs of Chime
- Develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with business partners, learning and understanding the business to better provide valuable services, establishing credibility as a management consultant and internal controls resource, and ensuring business partner satisfaction
- Partner with Information Security, Engineering, IT, Product Management, and Finance to establish and provide assurance around a strong and scalable internal controls environment for systematic driven business processes and underlying technologies
- Be responsible for the technology related SOX program; collaborate closely with internal and co-sourced resources to execute the project plan; collaborate with and advise internal business owners; evaluate and conclude on control assessments; work closely with external auditors to coordinate quarterly and year-end control testing
- Lead and complete operational audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting interviews, observing operations, detailing and analyzing procedures and controls, performing audit tests, preparing appropriate workpapers, developing audit recommendations, reviewing identified issues with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports
- Participate in systems implementations to standard process control procedures and designs are followed; ensure utilization of automation / automated controls where appropriate
- Identify and develop audit techniques including continuous auditing, data analysis and monitoring while using Chime's core platforms, applications and capabilities
- Act as the main point of contact for the implementation, maintenance and administration of audit tools
- 6+ years of internal audit experience with a combination of industry and consulting experience
- Bachelors or equivalent in information systems, accounting, or other business-related fields. Appropriate certifications in auditing are preferred (i.e. CIA, CPA, CISA, or equivalent)
- Experience in SaaS, Financial Services, or technology-related companies is highly preferred
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to understand automated processes in a digital platform and the underlying technology
- A proven ability to effectively lead Technology driven portions of a SOX program and drive improvements year over year
- Experience with handling external auditor requirements and expectations
- Knowledge of technology compliance frameworks and related technology, security and privacy controls
- Experience leading integrated audits that address a combination of financial/operating and technology objectives
- Demonstrated experience, skills, and knowledge with IIA Professional Practices and Standards
- A hands-on leadership style, with a creative start-up mentality
- Experience in end-to-end project management, controls evaluation, and cross-functional collaboration
- Problem solving skills that demonstrate critical thinking and an “outside-the-box” and practical approach to reach a solution
- Experience independently operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while leading multiple projects/initiatives
Mobile banking & debit cards
Chime's mission is to make financial peace of mind a reality for everyone. The company has created "a new approach to online banking that doesn’t rely on fees, gets you your paycheck up to 2 days early with direct deposit, and helps you grow your savings automatically."
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
- Generous vacation policy and company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., and delicious snack boxes, too!
Company Core Values
- Be member-obsessed.
- Be human.
- Be bold.
- Make it happen.
- Respect the rules.
- Team up.
- Chime in.