Dedicated Customer Success Team Lead
Posted on 7/29/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote • New York, NY, USA
- 3-5 years experience managing a team in customer success, account management, sales, or a similar field
- Experience in hiring, training, and developing a high-performing team of customer success professionals
- Passionate about our customers and helping small business owners thrive
- Analytic and strategic thinker with the ability to translate data into insights and actions
- Navigate and manage change with grace and agility for themselves and their team
- Strong operational skills, proactive approach to process improvement, and previous experience building out customer success initiatives and best practices that retain customers
- The ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally
- Success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, preferably in SaaS or technology
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to effectively communicate client desires to the development team
- Excellent customer service skills. Strong experience with successful service recovery
- Inspire your team and remove roadblocks so they can do the best work of their lives on a daily basis
- Coach, motivate, and empower the team to meet and exceed monthly and quarterly targets by providing ongoing performance feedback
- Develop and test hypotheses around how to create loyalty through proactive outreach to our customers during critical moments in the customer journey
- Design and implement new processes, systems and initiatives to drive team productivity and goals
- Analyze and iterate on our internal processes to make them simple and more efficient
- Design, manage, and report on dashboards that track impact, opportunities, growth, and productivity with leadership team
- Use data to identify and implement initiatives that will drive better outcomes for our Gusties and customers
- Empower team members with a focus on personal and professional development while managing Gusto business needs
- Work cross functionally to identify and implement initiatives to help scale the business
- Help grow the team by recruiting and training new team members as needs arise
- Experience with CRM, preferably Salesforce, and/or a Customer Success platform is a plus
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.