Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience with structural or fluid dynamics via full-time employment, outside the classroom projects, or lab work
- Hands-on experience either analyzing data or building hardware
- Experience with fluid system modeling and structural-fluid coupling pogo problems
- Experience with NASTRAN (knowledge of DMAP programming a plus)
- Experience with turbomachinery and combustion dynamics
- Experience with vibration and shock testing
- Experience with finite element modeling
- Working knowledge of structural analysis and test, including a fundamental understanding of strength, stability and fatigue failure mechanisms
- Experience with data processing and analysis in Python and MATLAB
- Position may require extended work hours and weekend work
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Resolve dynamics problems through analysis, test and the use of flight data
- Build finite element and lumped element models of launch vehicle systems
- Execute dynamic testing from start-to-finish (pre-test analysis, sensor selection & installation, testing, data analysis, signal processing and model correlation)
- Own system level analysis and drive hardware modifications or vehicle operations across vehicle engineering teams
- Perform analyses using commercial and in-house codes as well as write new code
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.