Data Warehouse and Insights, Remote, US OK
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Austin, TX, USA • Detroit, MI, USA • Tampa, FL, USA • Miami, FL...
- 3+ years of experience as a technical product manager
- Past experience working on data products, data warehouses, and/or other data-centric software solutions encouraged
- A team player with a relentlessly positive outlook and entrepreneurial spirit
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases
- A proven track record to do both tactical work and set an overall strategy when working on a project-seeing beyond the data to anticipate the next step or question
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of productivity, adaptability, innovation and follow-through
- Experience using data analysis tools (i.e. sql, Tableau) to extract data and synthesize into actionable insights
- Strong communication skills: ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries and recommendations and influence decisions for peers and executive audiences. Must be comfortable communicating at all levels from C-Suite to junior team members
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
- Own the strategic direction and creation of the Platform Analytics roadmap, with key initiatives possibly including:
- Building data offerings that enable business intelligence and dashboards
- Powering company-wide analytics infrastructure to unlock faster and easier value-add data for teams
- Own and enhance data tooling around data storage, transformation, alerting, sharing, and reporting
- Solve for consistent data contracts with ingesting key data from verticals
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers
- Author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes
- Present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to a broad audience effectively
Data management & visualization platform
Splunk's mission is to address the challenges and opportunities of managing massive streams of machine-generated big data. Splunk is the leading software platform for machine data that enables customers to gain real-time Operational Intelligence.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance plans for regular, full-time U.S. employees — choose the best plans for you and your family. Plus: Health Savings Account (HSA), Life insurance and survivor benefits, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Business travel and accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness & Hospital Indemnity
- Eligible employees enjoy: 401(k) Plan with a company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), Equity awards, Bonus or commission program
- We support you and your family: Paid parental leave, Mother rooms and wellness rooms, Family Planning
- Your work/life balance is important to us, that's why we offer: 16 company holidays, 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 10 bereavement days, 5 volunteer days
- Ensuring our employees' success goes beyond insurance plans: Education reimbursement, Electric car charging stations, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Stocked kitchens, Gym discounts/onsite fitness centers, Pet insurance discount, Student loan resources, Cool workspace with collaborative environments, 529 College Savings Plan
- Innovative: We’re passionate about our customer success. We keep our energy laser-focused on giving our customers the best possible and most trustworthy experience, driven ultimately by integrity. After all, we’d be nothing without them.
- Open: We never stop learning or striving to create a positive impact. The work we do matters. We innovate at warp speed to disrupt the world's notion of what’s possible.
- Disruptive: We are humble and value openness and honesty. We speak our truths mindfully and in consideration of others. Candor is cool - respect is required.
- Fun: We embrace the ride (preferably in a Splunk t-shirt). We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We weave an irreverent and infectious sense of fun into everything we do.
- Passionate: We cultivate an inclusive environment where all backgrounds are celebrated. Striving for equity and embracing our individual uniqueness is our secret sauce. And it will only make us stronger.
- #WeAreSplunk: We represent many functions and regions but are one team. We value each other's efforts and moonshot ideas. And we celebrate highs, and learn from lows, together. We trust and rely on each other. Remember: There’s no “I” in Splunk.