Principal Platform Runtimes Engineer
Posted on 3/8/2022
Livingston, NJ, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Cloud, Linux, Windows, and IaaS platforms like Kubernetes with Docker
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in managing teams in the 4-8 person range
- Must have 3-5 years of extensive hands-on experience with Kubernetes, Cloud compute technologies (EC2, GCE, VMware) and Serverless technologies (Lambda, Functions)
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in GCP and AWS is preferable
- Strong coding background a must in either python, java, golang, perl or shell scripting. Must have experience coding in Terraform
- Responsible for collaborating with business and technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and articulate the Platform Runtime vision, act as the subject matter expert in Cloud Compute discussions with cross functional technical and business stakeholders, as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience
- Manage, design, develop, and implement cloud compute platforms (for example Kubernetes), Virtual Machines and Serverless technologies in the various public cloud providers
- Ensure integrations in the platform runtimes are consistent across compute methods and standard for all deployments, including secrets management, logging, observability, and cloud storage technologies
- Ensure the platform runtimes adhere to all global security policies
- Work closely with the Platform Developer Experience team to ensure seamless integrations and handoffs between developer tools and the various runtime platforms
- Create Platform Runtime Onboarding, Data Governance and Policies ensuring best practices and continuous improvements are met
- Work with the Platform Adoption team to ensure viable “on ramps” exist to meet users where they are to ensure a smooth adoption of the new platform
- Responsible for integrating Platform Runtime information into external firm systems including CMDB, Logging, Observability, etc
- Work closely in a coordinated effort with other Platform Engineering discipline teams to ensure seamless integration of services in support of a friendly developer experience
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform
- Lead the architecture and design of engagements implementing workflows and integrating with applications by gathering requirements, problem resolutions and providing recommendations ensuring the quality of the runtime environments is maintained and all configuration items are correct, complete and compliant
Business intelligence products for companies
Dun & Bradstreet seeks to create a global network of trust enabling clients to turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity, and potential into prosperity. The company is building on its world-class data and analytics—Dun & Bradstreet Data Cloud—to deliver more data and deeper insights.
- Medical and Prescription Drug: Comprehensive coverage through a choice of a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan and Consumer Directed Health Plan (CDHP). The CDHP plan has a Health Savings Account (HSA) option. D&B contributes to the HSA each year.
- Dental: Insurance including preventive care, basic care, major care and orthodontia
- Vision: Coverage for routine eye exams and prescription lenses, frames and contact lenses
- Health Care Accounts: Set aside before-tax dollars to pay for eligible health care expenses. You can choose a Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA).
- Life Insurance: Company paid life insurance, as well as additional coverage including Basic, Supplemental, Spouse or Domestic Partner, and Child
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you suffer an accident that is fatal or dismembering
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Benefit that provides a payment if you are injured or die as a result of an accident while traveling on Company-approved business
- Short-Term Disability (STD): Company provided benefit that offers you income protection for absence due to nonwork-related injury or illness
- Long-Term Disability (LTD): Coverage that picks up when your STD ends. It provides income protection if you become totally disabled and are unable to work after 180 days of continuous disability.
- Critical Illness Insurance: Insurance that is intended to supplement your medical and disability coverage. It provides a lump-sum benefit in the event you (or a covered family member) are diagnosed with a covered condition, such as cancer, heart attack, and more
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you pay for costs in the event you (or a covered family member) are hospitalized.
- Accident Insurance: Provides a lump-sum benefit to help you (or a covered family member) pay for costs for a covered injury and related services
- 401(k) Plan: Retirement plan into which you can make before-tax, Roth and after-tax contributions; company match is available along with a wide range of investment options
- Personalized Planning & Advice (PP&A): Assistance with 401(k) investment decisions and financial wellness
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Set aside before-tax dollars to use towards eligible dependent child or adult care services
- Legal Insurance Plan: Insurance plan that provides you with prepaid legal services to help you address a wide range of legal matters (i.e. home purchase, will creation, small claims court, dispute with a home contractor, and much more)
- Home and Auto Insurance: Special group rates and discounts on protection of your home, car and other personal property
- Commuter Benefit: Pay for your commuting expenses through before-tax payroll deductions
- Pet Insurance: Plan that reimburses you for expenses incurred for covered services
- Vacation days: 20 days and you are eligible to earn more based on your years of service
- Holidays: 9 paid days that coincide with the national holidays when our US offices are closed, plus one floating holiday of your choice
- Volunteer Days: Two days per year to volunteer
- Unsick Day: One paid day off to visit the doctor when you are not sick
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave: Up to 16 weeks of paid leave for the primary caregiver, and up to 2 weeks of paid leave for the secondary caregiver
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Free confidential support, including access a network of professional counselors, and referrals on resources for everyday needs
- Adoption Assistance: Reimbursement for eligible expenses related to adopting a child
- Education Assistance: Provides financial assistance for outside education to enable team members to achieve greater results in their current position and/or to prepare team members for future assignments within Dun & Bradstreet
Company Core Values
- Data-Inspired - We’re passionate about the power of data. It’s at the heart of everything we do.
- Relentlessly Curious - We embrace the change in the world around us. We know it brings new problems to solve, new things to learn and new ways to grow.
- Inherently Generous - We succeed by helping others succeed. We openly share our time and talent, and we confidently welcome the help of others.