Manager – Total Rewards
Updated on 11/30/2023
Capital markets brokerage platform
New York, New York
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 6%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 89%
New York, NY, USA
Human Resources Information System (HRIS)
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A)
Business & Strategy
- At least 5 years of experience in HR roles with a focus on compensation and benefits, payroll experience is a plus
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of health and welfare benefit programs including healthcare, life, and wellbeing benefits.
- Proficiency in HRIS systems, payroll software is preferred.
- Intermediate excel skills (pivot tables, VLOOKUP, conditional formatting, charts and visualizations) and HR analytics, experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker is a strong preference
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in data management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Multitask, prioritize and deal with many things at one.
- Possess a natural curiosity to inquire about existing processes and systems with a desire to learn and understand all of the background necessary to make informed decisions on change
- Certification in HR or related field (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Experience with international payroll is a plus.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and People Operations on compensation matters including market pricing new and existing jobs.
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommend changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Participate in salary surveys and monitor results to ensure we remain competitive, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations.
- Work with the Chief People Officer to create compensation and benefits programs including job levels, salary structures, and recognition programs.
- Manage and administer all employee benefits programs, including health insurance, retirement plans, and other employee perks.
- Maintain a positive client experience through daily interaction with employees via email, Slack, phone, and in person regarding any questions that they may have around total rewards programs. (We sit in an open floor plan and employees do visit our desks frequently).
- Review existing policies and processes to identify gaps, inefficiencies, and opportunities and come up with creative solutions.
- Ensure successful execution of the year-end merit and bonus planning process
- Process and manage payroll for our US and global employees.
- Ensure HRIS data is kept current, accurate and readily available.
- Generate reports and provide data analytics to support HR and management decisions.
- Collaborate with groups across the organization, particularly Finance.
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Payroll experience
- Experience with international payroll
- Certification in HR or related field (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP)
- Experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker