Strategic Sourcing Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- 6+ years of experience in partnership development and/or purchasing in a hardware product environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Strategic sourcing, financial and business opportunity analysis, comfort with legal frameworks, and contract negotiation skills (development, supply, licensing, and service agreements)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders, including C-level, engineering, legal, finance, manufacturing, and logistics
- Excellent analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to achieve business objectives
- Demonstrated ability to identify business process issues and drive process improvement
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem-solve
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders
- Organizational skills to manage and track transactional details
- Lead procurement and partnership initiatives for vehicle direct materials (interiors, structural components, advanced hardware) and/or operations infrastructure (EV charging, vehicle maintenance, capital equipment)
- Proactively engage with Zoox stakeholders (incl. engineering, operations, manufacturing, strategy, finance, and design) to derive and execute the medium-term (3-5 years) business and technology roadmap to support Zoox's vehicle development program and autonomous ride-hailing service
- Develop the supply chain and partnership footprint with a long-term, strategic view
- Lead the day-to-day process of ensuring successful partnerships (milestone adherence, change order management, quality assurance, cost control, etc.) and build supplier performance assessments to support future sourcing decisions
- Design, conduct, and synthesize supplier, industry, and market research
- Drive cost transparency and build total cost of ownership models to support sourcing decisions
- Ensure optimal contract coverage for the commodity/service in partnership with engineering and legal support
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers as the lead point of contact for all commercial issues
- Review, analyze, and finalize quote packages from suppliers
- Support and inform internal stakeholders with respect to supplier selection and management
- Identify sourcing alternatives to drive efficiencies via benchmarking, competitive quotes, and changing requirements
- 8+ years of experience
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.