Posted on 3/9/2023
Customer engagement platform for marketing
Braze is committed to setting new standards in customer engagement. The company provides multi-channel marketing automations for companies to better engage with their customers.
Canada • Remote
Ruby on Rails
DevOps & Infrastructure
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success, with 2+ years managing high performing teams
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and CI/CD pipelines for the core work, or comparable technologies
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple streams of work at once
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- We're looking for an Engineering Manager for our Platform Infrastructure team. The Platform Infrastructure (PLATI) team is tasked with ensuring that Braze's core Ruby on Rails monolithic application can scale well for engineering productivity as Braze grows
- You will help us empower the teams at Braze working on the monolith to build on modern technologies within a robust, flexible technology structure. Your team will optimize, maintain, and refactor critical existing components, improve the performance of foundational systems like async jobs, upgrade and replace foundational dependencies -- including figuring out ideal testing strategies to be confident about such far reaching changes - as well as design and implement new approaches for the central components, and many other efforts that impact the entire engineering organization in building features that handle 10s of billions of messages daily!
- You will both manage the team and do some hands-on software development. For that, you will participate in architecture planning, pull request reviews, and recruiting. Additionally, you'll optimize processes for the team's success, facilitate discourse, support engineers' growth, and keep team efforts on target for product goals. You will ensure that your engineers are successful in their tasks and also enjoy their work!