Software Engineering Manager
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Newport Beach, CA, USA
- We recognize that excellence never comes in a one size fits all list of requirements. To us, an engineering manager is someone who cares deeply about building high performing teams by focusing on setting clear expectations, pulling individuals up to realize their maximum potential and developing a clear and sustainable long term vision for the team they lead, rooted in the needs of the business. Caring about these things may take the form of one on one mentorship, project planning, architecture white boarding or diving in to the code to lead by example when needed
- U.S. Person status may be required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Seeks out the bigger picture and has a penchant for the right amount of planning
- Draws energy from coaching and growing others
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Deep systems background with high value on engineering excellence
- Instinct towards leading by example rather than authority
- Has managed and scaled high performing teams
- Experienced in partnering with engineering leaders, customers and cross-functional team members
- Be responsible for career growth, engagement and quality output of engineers on your team
- Grok, communicate and leverage business priorities as it relates to your team's area of responsibilities in order to curate a clear product vision, prioritize the highest impact projects and reduce execution risk
- Balance short term tensions from the business against long term product vision and roadmap
- Be accountable for the full lifecycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution delivery
- Maintain contextual awareness of technical architecture within your engineering group in order to advise and guide design decisions across the group
- Participate in group level leadership discussions and decision making
- Dive into the details when it matters
- Define what great looks like with regards to all manners of performance expectations
- Partner with recruiting to hire our next generation of software engineers
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.