Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
Shield AI is looking for an HRIS Manager to serve as our in house expert on all human resources management systems. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, the HRIS Manager will drive functional productivity and overall workflow within the HR department by automating, integrating and configuring our core HR processes. This role will also lead improvements to achieve short-term and long-term objectives working with business related departments including but not limited to finance, information technology and partners as identified.
Projects that you might work on:
- Drive the overall HRIS roadmap and lead the continuous evaluation and evolution of HR Systems that include payroll, benefits, budget, IT, etc.
- Supporting all HRIS systems (needs analysis, research, design, testing, quality control, deployment, training, and administration) and human resources end users in the use of HRIS applications and desktop tools (recruitment, personnel performance evaluation, and document management systems and software).
- Mentoring and coaching the user teams to develop expertise and drive process and configuration excellence.
- Coordinate with IT and the user community to manage requests for process improvements, system enhancements, and the development and/or purchase of new software applications.
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining all current and new HRIS business process workflows for efficiency and compliance.
- Thinking about quality of business processes as well as data quality and integrity by ensuring a regular audit cadence in coordination with the People Experience team.
- Maintaining and administering ad hoc report writing tools for end users; training and assisting users of those ad hoc report writing tools.
- 10 + years experience in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS)
- High School Diploma / GED
- System implementation and systems transition experience
- Excellent time-management skills required.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently with exceptional attention to detail is non-negotiable.
- Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a collaborative manner with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Must embody a work style that incorporates an appropriate sense of urgency as well as a positive and collegial team spirit.
- Must possess exemplary attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and unwavering confidentiality.
Preferred qualifications (Optional):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Experience with UKG, Lever, or Costpoint preferred
Total compensation: Salary within range listed above + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you’re interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.