Director – IT Governance
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote • United States
- 10+ years of governance, audit, compliance, risk, and / or security experience
- 5+ years people management experience
- Experience enforcing IT processes, methods, standards, tools and measurement/scorecards
- Experience developing, championing, and managing internal compliance programs, including direct work and/or interaction with internal and external auditors
- Expansive knowledge of technology controls in various IT environments (SaaS-heavy)
- Strategic, analytical and risk-based thinker
- Ability to effectively communicate and obtain buy-in at all levels of the organization and with internal stakeholders across the business
- Ability to identify areas for improvement in an existing control / process and drive change
- Build and execute the strategic vision for IT Governance aligned to Twilio's overall IT & Security strategy
- Translate audit & technology control requirements to internal business partners and drive alignment on governance & compliance requirements with key partners (Corporate IT, Security, Internal Audit, Privacy and R&D teams)
- Own the IT risk management process as part of our enterprise risk management program
- Manage and govern the IT policy program and related policy lifecycle
- Manage and drive an IT governance team (your direct reports)
- Develop a scalable and repeatable approach to implement controls, monitor those controls, and facilitate internal & external audits across various IT, security & privacy frameworks efficiently
- Proactively identify gaps or conflicts in existing processes and drive remediation of control deficiencies identified during the audit process
- Advocate for the business value of the IT governance program to our internal teammates and our key business partners
- Effectively deliver and manage Governance program status, KPIs / metrics, and risks to our leadership team and to our business partners
- Based in Colorado: $160,080 - $200,100
- Based in New York, Washington State, or California (outside of the San Francisco Bay area): $169,520 - $211,900
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $188,320 - $235,400
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
- Experience in a governance or regulatory environment related across industries and geographies including S-Ox (and others is a plus! PCI, COBIT, SOC, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience with Okta, Workday, Oracle, ServiceNow, and home-grown applications is a plus
- Experience leveraging IGA tools (ex: Sailpoint or similar) for automation & efficiency of IT general controls
- Practical experience with process improvement frameworks is a plus (ex: Six Sigma or other)
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Prior internal and / or external audit experience
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives