Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on 11/6/2023
Comprehensive backend services for game-as-a-service development
AccelByte stands out as a leading provider of comprehensive white-label backend services for game studios, enabling them to develop, publish, and operate games-as-a-service with ease. The company's culture encourages high-quality quick iterations and supports remote work, which has been instrumental in meeting aggressive business goals. With a proven track record of delivering seamless player experiences and enabling cross-platform play, AccelByte allows game studios to focus on game creation while it handles the complex backend technology.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 10%
1 year growth↑ 18%
2 year growth↑ 35%
Google Cloud Platform
DevOps & Infrastructure
- Specializes in operations and reliability automation.
- 5+ years of professional infrastructure and operational engineering experience with Linux administration.
- Proven track record of infrastructure as code, configuration management, and package management.
- Collaborative completion of infrastructure or operational projects.
- Eagerness to learn new languages, technologies, and containerization principles (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Practical knowledge of networking, storage, and container technologies.
- Robust knowledge and experience in cloud computing (preferred AWS/GCP).
- Proven experience with automation, CI/CD, and GitOps tools.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools (e.g., Prometheus, Grafana, ELK/EFK, Splunk, Datadog, OpsGenie, PagerDuty).
- Software development and scripting experience with Bash, Python, and/or Golang.
- Proficiency in written and verbal English language for remote work.
- Flexibility to adjust work routines/schedules to meet company and customer needs.
- Previous professional infrastructure or operational experience preferred.
- Experience at a AAA game studio or software product company preferred.
- Experience working with cloud platforms or web products preferred.
- Experience in a multinational technology startup is a big plus.
- Review, provide feedback, and mentor coworkers on changes to maintain reliability.
- Design and develop infrastructure and operational tasks with scalability and stability in mind.
- Contributing in automating solutions to optimize tasks, improve efficiency, and reduce manual effort.
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable infrastructure and deployment frameworks using K8s and CNCF projects.
- Direct a secure, cost-effective, and scalable cloud platform.
- Initiate and conduct thorough investigations of operational incidents and proactively prevent future issues and designing resilient approaches based on insights from operational incidents for long-term mitigations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to deliver cost-effective, excellent infrastructure solutions and identify areas for improvement.
- Communicate directly with clients, understanding their needs and providing exceptional support.
- The ability to train and mentor less experienced engineers and set the direction for other engineers.
- Model standards for engineering excellence
- Discover requirements by working with PMs and stakeholders
- Perform interviews for InfraOps Engineer candidates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience at a AAA game studio or software product company
- Experience working with cloud platforms or web products
- Experience in a multinational technology startup