Jersey City, New Jersey
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 12%
2 year growth↑ 18%
- Demonstrable current stand-alone HR experience ideally as an HR Generalist or HR Advisor
- Ideally worked in a start-up/growing tech environment
- Experience of cultural change
- CHRP qualified or working towards qualification
- Goal-orientated and driven to succeed individual
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the gravitas and ability to converse with high-level decision-makers
- Dealing with various HR queries across the businesses, ensuring throughout that our LEAP culture is firmly embedded
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring they’re in line with current legislation
- Partnering with Senior Exec and Line Managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing and staff management
- Deal with ER cases including disciplinary, grievance and absence management cases
- Advising and coaching managers on how to deal with issues and prevent future occurrences
- Oversee, own and administer the team trainings needs, processes and induction
- Support and work on a variety of HR projects
- Manage and update HR systems (knowledge of Bamboo would be beneficial)
- Administer staff benefits: pensions, private health insurance
- Work with Finance to submit bi-monthly payroll
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process plus documentation, training, promotions, terminations and exit interviews
- Attention to detail
- Experience in overcoming difficult situations
- Experience in providing a first-class service
- Experience in a start-up/growing tech environment
“Working at the heart of the business – the people – means there are opportunities to grow in every direction“
People Operations Lead (HR Generalist), Toronto, CA
- Personable, friendly and outgoing personality, a champion of LEAP culture, with big ideas and the ability to deliver.
- Comfortable and confident dealing with strong personalities and stakeholders of all levels.
- Energetic and motivated, great at generating ideas and taking responsibility from start to finish.
- Credible and trustworthy, and happy to create an “open door” HR approach.
LEAP is the leading provider of Legal Practice Productivity Solutions in the world and is part of ATI – one of the largest international LegalTech companies. For more than 30 years, our curiosity and commitment to continual improvement has kept us reimagining productivity tools for lawyers and their staff to support our guiding purpose, to ‘Help lawyers who help people’. The market leading software we develop and support is used by more than 100,000 lawyers and their staff in small and medium sized law firms.
Working alongside our international team of passionate high achievers, you’ll join a fast-growing technology business where things seldom stay the same for long. With more than 1000 smart, caring and ambitious ‘LEAPsters’ working together across Australia, Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Poland and New Zealand, you’ll find yourself in good company here.
MEET THE HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM
LEAP proudly provides cutting edge LegalTech with a human touch and our Human Resources Team are dedicated to giving LEAPsters the space, support and empowerment they need to be their best selves at work and do the best work of their careers. From the moment people join LEAP to their final day, you’ll ensure their experience is unmatched. Equal parts analytical and empathetic, the HR Team are the cornerstone of LEAP’s enviable team culture with fresh challenges and new rewards around every corner. Perhaps you’re informing and engaging LEAPsters through bold and progressive people initiatives. Or driving business objectives through the hiring – and inspiring – of a new generation of LEAPsters. No matter what your day holds, you’ll make a far reaching impact on the wellbeing and development of our entire organisation through a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where people feel respected, included and encouraged to thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Dealing with various HR queries across the businesses, ensuring throughout that our LEAP culture is firmly embedded.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring they’re in line with current legislation.
- Partnering with Senior Exec and Line Managers to review employee relations, performance management, resourcing and staff management.
- Deal with ER cases including disciplinary, grievance and absence management cases.
- Advising and coaching managers on how to deal with issues and prevent future occurrences.
- Oversee, own and administer the team trainings needs, processes and induction.
- Support and work on a variety of HR projects.
- Manage and update HR systems (knowledge of Bamboo would be beneficial).
- Administer staff benefits: pensions, private health insurance.
- Work with Finance to submit bi-monthly payroll.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process plus documentation, training, promotions, terminations and exit interviews.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
In this role attention to detail is essential. You will be dealing with a wide range of queries and challenges from all levels of the business, therefore you will need to be organized and be an expert at overcoming difficult situations, providing a first-class service to the LEAP team.
- Demonstrable current stand-alone HR experience ideally as an HR Generalist or HR Advisor.
- Ideally worked in a start-up/growing tech environment.
- Experience of cultural change.
- CHRP qualified or working towards qualification.
- Goal-orientated and driven to succeed individual.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and the gravitas and ability to converse with high-level decision-makerS.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Hybrid, flexible working model.
- RRSP plan.
- Employee Share Scheme.
- Superb working environment.
- A fantastic culture – open communication, transparency through practical and quarterly strategic briefings.
- Competitive Health Insurance, Employee share ownership scheme, competitive vacation time, excellent working environment.
LIFE AT LEAP
LEAP is all about impact, growth and ownership. We’re united by a genuine passion for what we do, enriched by the care we show to our customers and each other and driven by the difference we can make together.
LEAPster culture is about prioritizing and celebrating the incredible humans behind our market-leading technology. Think performance-driven incentives, flexible hybrid work, a world-leading Parenting Policy, regular social events, and so much more.
We strongly believe that personal development and career progression are at the heart of a healthy, high-performing culture and we’re committed to empowering LEAPsters with resources, ongoing support and more than 20 defined career pathways to explore. With us, your career will grow as you do, with opportunities to step into new roles, explore new departments and even work abroad.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.