Intern — Ground Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Posted on 2/22/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- Object-oriented: Python or C++
- Database: SQL, NoSQL
- Demonstrated ability to design, write, and test software from scratch
- Dont meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Work with the engineering team to design, build, and implement our ground software system for GEOSat-1
- Collaborate with our operations and satellite teams to build command interfaces and telemetry screens that command and control our satellite through its mission
- Experience with real time operating systems
- Experience with tools like Docker and load balancers for cloud resource provisioning, deployment, and management
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.