Senior Data Engineer
Posted on 1/21/2023
Canada • Remote
Google Cloud Platform
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in Data Engineering working with large-scale data-driven systems
- Enjoy working on small, dynamic teams
- Conceptually familiar with AWS or GCP cloud infrastructure (S3, RDS, Kinesis, etc)
- Highly proficient in at least one of Java, Python, or Scala
- Deep understanding of SQL and data warehouse systems
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining data lakes
- Build data models and patterns for powering self-service data discovery
- Design, build and maintain solutions that power batch and real-time processing powering millions of recommendations daily
- Improve the data quality and reliability of data pipelines through monitoring, validation, and failure detection
- Design, build and maintain a central data cataloging system to ease integration and discovery of datasets
- Automate manual processes and create a platform in favor of self-service data consumption
- Deploy and configure components to production environments
- Participate in on-call schedule to provide emergency incident support
- Mentor and train teammates on design and operation of data platform
- Stay current with industry trends and recommendations
- Cloud warehouses: Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift
- Feature stores: Sagemaker, Databricks, Vertex
- Orchestrators: Airflow, Prefect
- Compute frameworks: AWS Glue, Spark, Hadoop, Athena
- Streaming data: Kinesis, Kafka
- Data modeling: DBT
Internet Technology Company
Mozilla's mission is to ensure the Internet is a global public resource, open and accessible to all. The company is building internet infrastructure including Firefox, it's premier browser.
- Insurance, Health & Wellness. Health Insurance.
- Financial & Retirement.
- 401k Plan
- Family & Parenting.
- Work From Home.
- Vacation & Time Off.
- Perks & Discounts. Free Lunch or Snacks.
Company Core Values
- Critical thinking
- Reasoned argument
- Shared knowledge
- Verifiable facts