Insights & Operations Partner
Posted on 2/1/2022
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote in USA • New York, NY, USA • Denver, CO...
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in analytical, operating roles at growing startups, product or biz ops roles, and/or consulting with business-problem solving experience
- Leaders who deeply understand the art and science of program management and business operations
- Problem solver: first principles thinker who is comfortable creating structure out of ambiguity, synthesizing various inputs and perspectives, and driving recommendations or decisions. Able to quickly understand Gusto business fundamentals
- Builder: ability to create programs from the ground up, which includes designing solid processes and preparing businesses to scale. You have proven process improvement experience
- Growth mindset: continually seeks ways to improve and uplevel the status quo. You are comfortable with change and can prioritize
- Strong communicator: the person who keeps all the trains on the tracks and the clear communication flowing, bringing both new and tenured Gusties along the journey
- Culture carrier: passionate about people empowerment, boosts team morale when things get tough, and recognized mentor and leader; understands influence without authority
- Opinionated and flexible: someone who feels comfortable having a point of view, making a strong recommendation/opinion, and is flexible to disagree and commit when a decision is made
- Relationship builder: you earn trust and confidence with people across all of Gusto, collaborating as effectively with engineers as you do with our CMO, influencing outcomes at all levels within the organization
- Doer: grit, hustle, and ability to flex into problems at all altitudes
- Run and constantly improve Segment operating cadence: set the strategic direction and operational priorities in conjunction with leadership, monitor and analyze business performance and metrics to deliver insights and influence decision-making
- Own cross-functional, high priority projects: collaborate across teams to drive flawless execution and successful outcomes. Success means you'll have a deep understanding of our complex systems, with the ability to drive change equally across product development/technical teams and our daily customer-facing Customer Experience and Sales Gusties
- Identify and build new capabilities to help us test new ways of operating
- Stellar program management: identify, develop, and manage programs for segment-wide initiatives, such as customer and revenue growth acceleration
- Define data-driven business strategies to support customers that span requirements, go-to-market plan, and needs internal to Gusto
- Go deep and help leadership and our operators as opportunities arise; help us scale
Cloud-based payroll, benefits, and human resource management solution
Gusto's mission is to help companies put people first. The company operates an online payroll, health benefits, and workers' compensation platform.
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint: Employees celebrating 5 or 10 years at Gusto enjoy a month-long sabbatical to travel and relax after all their hard work.
- Meals and conversations: Free meals, snacks, and drinks to keep us fueled, but more importantly: they bring people together and foster community.
- Wellness for every body: We’re proud to offer inclusive health care such as hormone treatments, gender-affirming surgery, therapy, family planning, and more.
- The time you need: Our flexible PTO policy means every employee is encouraged to take the time they need now to keep doing great work, long term.
- Family-friendly benefits: Fertility treatments, primary and secondary parental leave, sleep coaching, house cleaning for new parents, and more.
- Be well, be you: Get free, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus a monthly fitness stipend and mental health resources too.
- Embody a service mindset: Never stop advocating for the needs of others.
- Dream big, then make it real: Be ambitious. Show and do is greater than tell and talk.
- Be proud of the how: Ensure deep integrity in everything you do.
- Embrace an ownership mentality: Take initiative to leave things better than you found them.
- Debate then commit: Share openly, question respectfully, and once a decision is made, commit fully.
- Build with humility: Put collective success before individual achievements.