Technical Leader for Insight Generation through Data Analysis
Updated on 5/16/2023
Remote in USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Ph.D. in computer science, engineering, or a related field that has an emphasis on scientific or engineering data analysis research application
- Proven track record of identifying funding sources, leading successful proposals and SOWs, and securing government and/or commercial contracts
- Concrete experience implementing scientific or engineering data analysis solutions for energy, chemistry, materials, or equivalent area
- Demonstrated publication history in one of the areas above
- Proven project management and leadership track record through proposal ideation, design, development, and release
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Grow a new research initiative at Kitware
- Develop and write proposals to government funding agencies such as DOE, DOD, and NSF
- Lead computer scientists, engineers, and developers in data analysis applications
- Initiate, build, and maintain business and research relationships with commercial customers and external academic, industry, and government research collaborators
- Interface with commercial customers, prospects, and research partners
- Expertise in data science (statistics, scientific computing programming in Python or C++ with an associated understanding of numerical methods and data structures, machine learning, and data visualization) applied to a scientific or engineering domain such as energy, chemistry, materials, or equivalent area
- Knowledge of software development methodologies and code versioning tools, such as Git, continuous integration, and software testing
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.