Summer 2022 Mechanical / Aerospace Engineer Internship - Area I
Posted on 1/12/2022
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Related extracurricular activities
- This position will involve working in a team environment on the design, fabrication and flight testing of advanced Unmanned Aerial Vehicles. Area-I is particularly interested in candidates with extra-curricular and practical experience. This position will work with our team of engineers to support design, prototyping and development of various UAV programs. Area-I is currently reviewing Mechanical Engineering and/or Aerospace Engineering student candidates who are available for full-time internship positions for Summer 2022. Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance
- Mechanical design and analysis for UAV and ground systems using hand calculations and FEA
- Hands-on prototyping with 3D printing, machining, composite layups, and more
- Lab testing of new designs and subsystems
- Modeling and simulation of system dynamics
- Aerodynamic, thermal, and vibration analysis
- Design refinement for manufacturing and assembly
- Design documentation & test reports
- 3D CAD design and engineering drawings
- Machining, 3D printing, hand-tools experience
- Composites fabrication experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working within an engineering team
Technology products for defense & national security
Anduril's mission is to transform US & allied military capabilities with advanced technology.
- Full Family Health Coverage
- 16 Weeks Paid Leave for All Caregivers
- Family Planning & Support
- Incentivized Time Off
- Mental Health Resources
- Financial Planning
- Unlimited Provisions
- Professional Development
Company Core Values
- Impact - Everyone at Anduril has the ability to be a catalyst. You will be encouraged to make your mark from day 1 and be supported every day after.
- Autonomy - Self-motivation is a key component to success. We encourage you to cultivate your ideas, and show, don’t tell. We’re ready whenever you are.
- Speed - We move incredibly fast and welcome people who embrace the quick-paced nature of our work. It is not uncommon for an idea on a Monday to be a prototype by Friday. We ship in weeks, not years.
- Culture - Our team is a collective of intelligent and curious individuals who share the common goal of creating a safer tomorrow - and living balanced, fulfilled lives while doing so.