Carrot Fertility is the leading global fertility care platform for women, who are often at the center of fertility care decisions and consequences. Plus, Carrot serves people of every age, race, income, sex, sexual orientation, gender, marital status, and geography. Trusted by hundreds of multinational employers, health plans, and health systems, Carrot’s comprehensive clinical program delivers industry-leading cost savings for employers and award-winning experiences for millions of people worldwide. Whether there is a need for care through fertility preservation, male-factor infertility, pre-pregnancy, IVF, pregnancy and postpartum, adoption, gestational surrogacy, or menopause, Carrot supports members and their families through many of the most memorable and meaningful moments of their lives.
Carrot is seeking a creative, high-impact Executive Communications Manager. In this role, you will have the opportunity to plan, develop, and implement communications and thought leadership strategy for key executives. This role will work cross-functionally across multiple areas, with responsibilities for writing and editing, multimedia, and event management to support a high-impact communications program. The ideal candidate is skilled at understanding how to capture and reflect distinct executive voices and has a proven record of meeting goals, both qualitatively and quantitatively. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Communications.
- Develop and implement executive communications campaigns and key performance indicators connected to the overarching communications team and business goals
- Develop relationships with healthcare, business, and technology press
- Identify and leverage relevant news and story angles to develop proactive communications plans in support of goals
- Write pitches, press releases, and announcements
- Organize press events, prep spokespeople, and create briefing materials
- Work with external PR agency to identify opportunities for executive exposure
- Develop and implement executive social media strategy
- Regularly report on communications results and effectiveness, using clear metrics to define success and refine strategy and pitches
This role will be part of Carrot’s Brand team. Carrot’s Brand team is responsible for sharing the Carrot story with the world, coordinating and producing all materials representing the business externally. The Brand team builds and nurtures relationships prospects, customers, Carrot members, and the community while creating a brand image that showcases the company in a positive light.
- 5-8 years of communications experience, including executive communications
- Exceptional communicator with excellent writing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to distill academic research and complex data into digestible pieces
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in healthcare and media
- Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Comfort with the ambiguity inherent in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience in healthcare and/or benefits
- Experience working with PR agencies
Carrot offers a holistic Total Rewards package designed to support our employees in all aspects of their life inside and outside of work, including health and wellness benefits, retirement savings plans, short- and long-term incentives, parental leave, family-forming assistance, and a competitive compensation package. The expected base salary for this position will range from $97,000-$133,000. Actual compensation may vary from posted base salary depending on your confirmed job-related skills and experience.
Carrot has received national and international recognition for its pioneering work, including Best Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Product from the Anthem Awards, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, CNBC’s 100 Barrier Breaking Startups, and more. Carrot is regularly featured in media reporting on issues related to the future of work, women in leadership, healthcare innovation and diversity, equity, and inclusion, including MSNBC, The Economist, Bloomberg, The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, National Public Radio, Harvard Business Review, and more.
Carrot is fully distributed, with teams in more than 40 states across the United States and dozens of countries around the world. It has received numerous workplace awards, including Fortune’s Best Workplaces in Healthcare, Quartz’s Best Companies for Remote Workers, and Great Place to Work and Age-Friendly Employer certifications. Learn more at carrotfertility.com.